WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for u Hamilton collectors. I got a 687 movement so I get a thin I matic case. T575. In stainless case . So I removed the stem put it in case and kinda rattles little bit. And the stem is a hair short. I was wondering if a movement ring would take of that. But even with the movement in the snap back doesn't fully snap back. Not sure if the movement has to sit correctly or I would appreciate any help in this project

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have this other movement, it's an auto. My watch Jedi master is giving it a once over I added a pic of it. I don't have a case for it. Do u think the 872 would fit. It's not a micro rotor but the full half rotor. It's a pain looking for Hamilton cases to match movements. I'm also a member of my bulova. I've collected over 20 vintage 1940 to 1970 watches. The one thing u love about bulova is the records regarding movements and interchangeability of parts. Does Hamilton have anything like that. I mean I think Hamilton watches ESP the 1950 to 1970 are awesome.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
The 672 is more appropriate for an Accumatic model. It may fit an Automatic K-series as well but wouldn't be correct for most models. I think I've found that the 687 is appropriate for a Thinline model. The case you have looks right for the T-575 and would need the Grade 620 with the date window at 6:00 to be correct although the Grade 666 or 668 would probably fit as well but would not be correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.