WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a bunch of watches from my watch guy the other day ....and had forgotten about this little guy ......and I mean little ......smaller than a quarter .......

the movement is a Crawford 17 jewel, but the watch is in the caseback so tightly, I don't want to risk pulling the dial off accidently .....but Jerry did, which is why I know the movement and number of jewel.......it doesn't say Swiss on the dial......so is anyone familiar with the Crawford movement ? ......made in the US?

It runs great, about 36 hours on one wind ......

So my question is this .....is it a man's or ladies watch ? .......it looks like the 30s probably ....the design that is .....

there's little wear on the plating...and the dial looks relatively clean too......

Reactions: RJ007

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I suspect that it WAS a men's watch. I got a very similar bracelet on a 1937 Bulova America Clipper...

but my wife told me it was way too girly. But it's manly compared to the bracelet it came with!

Also, the ladies' watches of the era were even smaller, and generally didn't have second hands. That and the bold Arabic numerals make me think '1930s men's watch'.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Hi Sal, its Swiss, not American.

Their logo moved all over, but the most common spot was very small right by the crown.

Its nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts