WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings to all,

A good friend of mine asked me today if I knew what a Rolex with a presidental dial would be worth. I have never seen one and wanted to ask the experts if they would even exist? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Greetings to all,

A good friend of mine asked me today if I knew what a Rolex with a presidental dial would be worth. I have never seen one and wanted to ask the experts if they would even exist? Thanks in advance.
guess your referring to a "Rolex Day Date" with a presidential bracelet? otherwise haven't a clue what your referring too!

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
BTW, $teve:

I noticed you had 11 posts, so:

Let me welcome you to WTF!!!

No doubt you will find this board quite interesting, as we have multiple forums, each with its own bunch of characters.

Have you seen our FAQ yet? http://watchtalkforums.info/forums/f...splay.php?f=12

Take about 30 seconds to read, and explains the forum.

If you are intersted in posting pictures, and we love to post here, check out Mr. Houston's Quick and Easy way to post. Guaranteed Success!!

POSTING PICS

Posting pictures is very easy. Here's what you do -

1. Register with a picture host like photobucket.com
This is a free service for up to 1,000 images.

2. Once registered, use the choose or browse function on your photobucket homepage to locate the image you wish to post, from your hard drive

PLEASE REMEMBER to set the maximum size of the image
800 x 600 is best
Anything else would make viewing and accessing the page for users difficult.

3. Click SELECT and then UPLOAD

4. Once uploaded, simply copy the fourth option under each image on your photobucket homepage and paste it into the body of your text here. This fourth link is the Image Tag.

If you have any questions at all, you have a few options too:

Just post a thread and ask! We answer a wide range here and everyone is willing to help anyone out. For stuff not covered by watches, you can post in the Community Forum.

You can also send an Administrator/Moderator a PM (Private Message) to do that, just click on the person's name, and then select private message.

So, put your seat back in an upright position, tray back in place, and strap yourself in and enjoy WTF!!!

:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am refering to a Day Date in gold with a hand enameld dial of the US presidental seal. I have never even heard of one sheesh... Sorry for the confusion:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am refering to a Day Date in gold with a hand enameld dial of the US presidental seal. I have never even heard of one sheesh... Sorry for the confusion:biggrin:

You lost me with the hand....never heard of such an animal.

We'd need much more detail to help you.

1. A few photos of the watch would answer many questions
2. What condition is it?
3. Box and paperwork?
4. Age of the watch based on the serial number?

Best,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You lost me with the hand....never heard of such an animal.

We'd need much more detail to help you.

1. A few photos of the watch would answer many questions
2. What condition is it?
3. Box and paperwork?
4. Age of the watch based on the serial number?

Best,
Thanks so much for the help and support, I am actually at bit confused myself.:blush: I willl attempt to get some photos or at least a case number\serial #. I feel like my buddy is shooting straight with me as he has ties to that realm of govt (don't hold it against him as he was an intern right out of college :biggrin:). I did ask him if the dial was factory, and he gave me the answer of "it looks hand enameld" (he probably does not know what this means :lol:). I am very intrested in the outcome and feel privileged to share the infromation with this forum.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Thanks so much for the help and support, I am actually at bit confused myself.:blush: I willl attempt to get some photos or at least a case number\serial #. I feel like my buddy is shooting straight with me as he has ties to that realm of govt (don't hold it against him as he was an intern right out of college :biggrin:). I did ask him if the dial was factory, and he gave me the answer of "it looks hand enameld" (he probably does not know what this means :lol:). I am very intrested in the outcome and feel privileged to share the infromation with this forum.
Sounds great. My curiosity is certainly piqued. :w00t:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Everyone,

Here are some details to the watch my buddy is trying to get a price on,

Case Number 6085 14K NO Day Date

On the box is engraved the following Dail by C. Poluzzi circa 1946

I am still trying to get a photo.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Could greeneyesrolex be talking about a custom piece with the US Presidential seal on it?

I've seen hand (not watch hand, but hand as in handmade) decorated Rolexs with the US Airforce Thunderbirds symbol in enamel on the dial. The Thunderbirds model I saw was proportedly produced by Rolex for the pilots in the Thunderbirds group. I suppose it is possible that they made some for US Presidents (or the office of the President). I've not heard of such a beast however.

I suppose a quick pic will clear the air quickly. BTW, for those interested here is the TOG with the T-Birds emblem. Not my pic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greetings Rolex Lovers,

I have been able to answer part of my own question, on this past great Christmas day I was blessed with a new price guide for vintage watches. I found the watch my buddy was asking about right in the rolex section :lol:.

What a great day!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
260 Posts
well im sure the 175k estimated value will bring a :) to your buddy's face

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello Everyone,

Well that does seem a bit far fetched to me $175K :confused1:, I don't like to be a naaa sayer but whoaaa that seems far fetched ok so the southern country boy came out opps:blushing:. I am going to schedule a time with my buddy and get the actual photos of this high dollar item. He is living in VA and that means it will not be until next year that we see eachother. Do we currently have any projects on our forum to list photos of new discovery?

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Well that does seem a bit far fetched to me $175K :confused1:, I don't like to be a naaa sayer but whoaaa that seems far fetched ok so the southern country boy came out opps:blushing:. I am going to schedule a time with my buddy and get the actual photos of this high dollar item. He is living in VA and that means it will not be until next year that we see eachother. Do we currently have any projects on our forum to list photos of new discovery?

No new projects per se...but something of this nature is ALWAYS welcome! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Greeneyes,

VA is awfully close to Washington. While unlikely, it certainly is possible someone could have come into possession of one of these rarities via via a death or whatnot. They might not realized what they had as it doesn't look like a $175K watch. (it actually looks like of kitsch, but that might just be the era if it from)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Greeneyes,

VA is awfully close to Washington. While unlikely, it certainly is possible someone could have come into possession of one of these rarities via via a death or whatnot. They might not realized what they had as it doesn't look like a $175K watch. (it actually looks like of kitsch, but that might just be the era if it from)
Bullandvodka,

A little background on my buddy, he has worked in GS (government service, but dont hold that against him he was an intern out of college) for many years and I am very curious about this watch. I am very certain that he did not know what he has. During one of our phone calls he commented that it looked fake :lol:, and he wanted to have it authenticated:scared:. I told him to wait until I found out a little more and boy am I glad he waited. I can't wait to see it up close and I will take a slew of photos for the fourm to see.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts