WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since they were introduced and after seeing Sam2's watch, I have been on the lookout for a nice, used Precisionist on The Bay. Like Sam2, I also prefer the Claremont model. This nice, lightly used Claremont in black dial/band was listed last week. I was fortunate to be the high bidder for $118! It arrived today and came with box, hang tag and booklet. There are a couple very light scuffs on the bottom right lug that I can live with. This watch is MASSIVE. I have a couple Chinese watches that are actually smaller in overall size! The accuracy is amazing. It hasn't lost a second since I took it out of the box this afternoon! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
As the owner of the 96D110 Longwood, let me say 'welcome to the club'.

A word of warning: In about 2 days you are going to start inventing reasons to drive around town just so you can check the accuracy of every publicly visible clock. Accept it. This is normal behavior for new Precisionist owners and will soon pass. Enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As the owner of the 96D110 Longwood, let me say 'welcome to the club'.

A word of warning: In about 2 days you are going to start inventing reasons to drive around town just so you can check the accuracy of every publicly visible clock. Accept it. This is normal behavior for new Precisionist owners and will soon pass. Enjoy and congrats.
Thanks for the welcome! I remember how that was in 1973 when I bought my first Accutron. :biggrin: In the future, I will probably pick up another model just so this one doesn't get lonesome. :lol:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sam2 and I have been discussing Precisionist battery life. His watch is dated "B1" so is a 2011 while mine is dated "B0" and is a 2010. Sam2's watch has been running for about 6 months since it was purchased. My watch was purchased 6/13/2011 and has been running just a few days shy of one year. We have no way of knowing how long each watch ran before being purchased. The PO of my watch said it was running when he purchased it in 6/11. The Owner's Manual that comes with the Precisionist is really only a generic, one-size-fits-all models, manual. Battery life is stated as one year but that covers all Bulova battery operated watches, not just the Precisionist. An independent review of the Precisionist, when it was released, speculated three years battery life. I guess we know it will run at least a year on the battery. I certainly hope for more life expectancy but the Precisionist does drive the second hand 16X faster than standard quartz watches.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Sam2 and I have been discussing Precisionist battery life. His watch is dated "B1" so is a 2011 while mine is dated "B0" and is a 2010. Sam2's watch has been running for about 6 months since it was purchased. My watch was purchased 6/13/2011 and has been running just a few days shy of one year. We have no way of knowing how long each watch ran before being purchased. The PO of my watch said it was running when he purchased it in 6/11. The Owner's Manual that comes with the Precisionist is really only a generic, one-size-fits-all models, manual. Battery life is stated as one year but that covers all Bulova battery operated watches, not just the Precisionist. An independent review of the Precisionist, when it was released, speculated three years battery life. I guess we know it will run at least a year on the battery. I certainly hope for more life expectancy but the Precisionist does drive the second hand 16X faster than standard quartz watches.
It has been a long time coming but we have arrived at the third anniversary of our contest between old and new Bulova technology. I can now report that concerns about Precisionist battery life are unfounded.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely! While I sold my first "B0" date, I did replace it with a "B1" that is still going strong. That makes this watch approximately 3 years old too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My "B2" is doing nicely and appears to have stabilized pretty well. I am the first owner, got it at a clearance sale
so am familiar with it's "drift" profile

I would suspect the Quartz element in these movements is designed around normal body temperature (98.6 F), I
find it tends to speed up a bit when off the wrist which is consistent with quartz crystals of a certain cut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts