WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title of my post says, what's the best and safest way to purchase a pre-owned upscale watch? Say if I'm looking for a slightly used Rolex, Breitling etc how do I make sure that the watch is original?

I found online version of upscale watch stores such as Tourneau which offer, supposedly, serviced, certified and warrantied used upscale watches but then the price is also pretty high. For example they're offering used Rolex Explorer II 40mm for about $5,500.

How to balance the price and the guarantee that the watch is original? Thanks all..

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I bought an excellent Rolex watch from a very frequent poster on this forum for a fair price with no fear of it being anything but what it was purported to be.
I don't know if we are supposed to speak of other forums here but I have purchased Rolexes from trusted sellers on The Rolex Forum. Some of the people there seem to be very concerned about showing off their wealth and refined taste but you can find out pretty quickly who the trusted sellers are. I bought my first 3 Rolexes at an Ad and won't make that mistake again.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Yep, check the watch forums. Usually, the sellers are respected members with watches in great shape that they ask a pretty fair price for. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting dozens of listings for Rolexes and Breitlings using these two search engines:

Elite Deal Seeker

WatchRecon

Do a little homework on the seller, meaning check to see they are a regular contributor on the forum(s) they sell on. Nobody wants to be run out of their clubhouse. Ask for references or check them on feedback forums like WatchNet has:

WatchNet: Good Guys

WatchNet: Deal Watch

I'm sure Watchuseek (WUS for short) has one also. Don't forget to ask the Google - he knows everything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, check the watch forums. Usually, the sellers are respected members with watches in great shape that they ask a pretty fair price for. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting dozens of listings for Rolexes and Breitlings using these two search engines:

Elite Deal Seeker

WatchRecon

Do a little homework on the seller, meaning check to see they are a regular contributor on the forum(s) they sell on. Nobody wants to be run out of their clubhouse. Ask for references or check them on feedback forums like WatchNet has:

WatchNet: Good Guys

WatchNet: Deal Watch

I'm sure Watchuseek (WUS for short) has one also. Don't forget to ask the Google - he knows everything.
This is awesome...thanks for the links...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.