WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRÄTINA Quartz LCD from 70's model P 2110
The watch is about 50 years old, I guess it's from the 70's. The watch is new, has never been worn and still has a protective foil over the glass. Can anyone tell me exactly where and what year it was produced ?
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory Wrist

Computer Peripheral Input device Gadget Computer keyboard

Wood Jewellery Font Fashion accessory Hardwood

Font Material property Watch Handwriting Paper

·
Administrator
6,886 Posts
Unless there is a date somewhere on that instruction sheet, your guess of "1970's" is probably as good as it gets. Pratina was a sub-brand of Dugena which in itself was a sub-brand of Alpina so they were fairly low on the totem-pole. Dugena had a factory in Darmstadt, Germany thru the 1970's so that it where this watch was likely produced. There are no known records of Pratina/Dugena/Alpina watch production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless there is a date somewhere on that instruction sheet, your guess of "1970's" is probably as good as it gets. Pratina was a sub-brand of Dugena which in itself was a sub-brand of Alpina so they were fairly low on the totem-pole. There are no known records of Pratina/Dugena/Alpina watch production.
There is no date, but there is very little in the offer of PRÄTINA Quartz LCD watches.
Where are the other PRÄTINA digital watches from that period? But for example, there are many other brands of digital watches from the last century.

·
Administrator
6,886 Posts
I see one or two other similar Pratinas from Bulgaria on eBay and both asking well under $100 USD for a "mint condition" watch. Probably a good indicator that they didn't attract much attention in the watch world at that time or today either for that matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts