Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, new on here, nice to meet you etc.

I recently bought a Tissot Couturier with a powermatic 80 calibre. It keeps good time when worn for 16 hours, then rested for 8. I put the watch on my timegrapher, and whilst the accuracy was confirmed, the beat error is dreadful, varying from 0.9 to 4.2 depending on position. I suppose if I didn't own a timegrapher I would be none the wiser, but I do. I contacted Tissot asking if this is the norm, but was just told to return the watch for inspection. The problem being that they will probably want to charge me a fortune to do anything, and I ask myself, is it worth it.

What would you do?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Gesture Clock

·
Administrator
6,330 Posts
Personally I would likely just live with it until the watch needs to be serviced then have the service done by one of your local qualified watch repair shops

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I would likely just live with it until the watch needs to be serviced then have the service done by one of your local qualified watch repair shops
Yeah, I will probably live with it, especially as my watches only get worn about once month. I dont think a local watch repairer would be able to service a Powermatic 80 movement though, as it needs a laser to regulate it

·
Administrator
6,330 Posts
From what I understand, Martins of Glasgow are qualified to do that work but I'm sure there are others closer to you.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand, Martins of Glasgow are qualified to do that work but I'm sure there are others closer to you.
I live in Lincolnshire, we gave tractors, vegetables and the north sea. We don't even have shops that sell watches, let alone repairers

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure that Leeds or Sheffield have a quality watch repair shop.
I would be just as well sending it to Tissot to be honest.

While I have your interest, can you tell me how I stop emails being sent when there is a post. I have been to settings/preferences and un-ticked the boxes, but am still getting them. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
16,079 Posts
That sounds like a problem for the
WatchTalkForums.info Site Issues & Website Help Forum

·
Administrator
6,330 Posts
When you start a thread, you need to ensure you uncheck the "Watch this discussion" box (just below your post) as shown below if you dont want to receive notifications.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Multimedia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.