WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't link cause it's a business, so I'll have to wait for it to show a photo , but I just picked up a Powell for $36 .....hee hee hee .......

......looks to be nice too, and runs and keeps time.....and the band looks orginal also, but looks a lot more worn than the watch itself.....

oh boy oh boy oh boy .....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's on page 29 of the 1958 catalog

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/hamilton-watch-forum/37357.htm

it took me quite a while to find it, cause it closely resembles several other models .....not to mention the watch was an award for service, and dated 1960 .....even though they stopped making the Powell in 58 ......go figure ....

.....it does have a silverish dial according to the photos, but I won't out any confidence in that until I have the watch in hand ......they mailed it today so I should have it soon .......

I had a Gruen that was similar with nothing but the thinnest of hour markers....I have always thought it was a cool look......I am drawn to that style .....

and it's interesting .....for years I dearly loved the rectangluar and variations thereof....and for some reason I have lost interest in most of them .......I still am drawn to the square ones ....,..but mostly I do like the ....dare I say it on a Hamilton thread ? round watches !

perhaps it's because it is the natural shape for a clock/watch dial .....the markers just seem to fit better in a round shape.....*ducks and runs for cover*

I'll photograph it as soon as it gets here.......

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Nice. I like this one but I don't have one yet. I am a confirmed round watch lover.:cool1:

BTW, I copied this image from the Master Photo Thread. When that project is finished, I hope that anybody with a Hamilton watch will be able to identify it's model name as simply as scrolling through 10 pages of photos. We're not there yet but I'm working on it. Check out the original Accumatic section of the first page of the Master Photo Thread and you will see the direction it's taking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts