WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure all of you have a beater out there that is just a tool. It is the one you go to when you have a dirty job that has to be done and at the same time you simply need something to tell you the time.:thumbup1:

So post that peace that you go to when the going gets rough!:thumbup1:

Here is my trusty "work horse"

"God created man and Samuel Colt made men equal!"

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I am sure all of you have a beater out there that is just a tool. It is the one you go to when you have a dirty job that has to be done and at the same time you simply need something to tell you the time.:thumbup1:

So post that peace that you go to when the going gets rough!:thumbup1:

Here is my trusty "work horse"

"God created man and Samuel Colt made men equal!"
That is a great work horse when you have a dirty job to take care of.
BTW, I like the watch as well! :lol:

Here is one of my beaters-

I still try to be a little bit careful with this one; it cost me a whopping $24! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Is that a Charter Arms Bulldog?

[Never mind. I can see the emblem on the grip and the size of those rounds gives it away.]

I wore all my watches to work, when I was working in the restaurant, which can be a rough place for watches, but mine held up well in that environment and there isn't one that I didn't wear there.

In fact, I acquired all but three of my watches while I was working there.

So, the fact is they are all beaters.

However, when I'm really going to be doing something that is going to be tough on a watch, I go with the G-Shock.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is what it is.

@ Grady Philpott, Yeah Grady, this bulldog is from the days when Charco was the owner. Among all I have it is still one of my favorites. Not fancy or flashy, like the Timex it just is what it is and you can rely on it getting the job done.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
@ Grady Philpott, Yeah Grady, this bulldog is from the days when Charco was the owner.
I hadn't heard the name mentioned in years, but I'm very happy to see that the Bulldog is still in production.

http://www.charterfirearms.com/index.html

You're very right about it being a rugged, durable, reliable firearm.

I seem to recall that in the early nineties, they were hard to come by and even used ones sold at a premium.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
I have a G-shock as well that is indestructible. Unfortunately, it does take batteries; but, I am going to get a solar one soon. Not a fan of having to replace batteries.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hadn't heard the name mentioned in years, but I'm very happy to see that the Bulldog is still in production.

http://www.charterfirearms.com/index.html

You're very right about it being a rugged, durable, reliable firearm.

I seem to recall that in the early nineties, they were hard to come by and even used ones sold at a premium.
there are plenty to be had today and still at a very modest price. finding one is very easy. finding a holster for one is another story. Mine is about a 1996 model. On the other hand, you may have noticed on their site, they now make a lefty 38 plus p. It is the only lefty version revolver in production to day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have several 'beaters' I wear. Although inexpensive, I can count on them to keep track of time when it counts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts