WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Very nice PeterG
This is far from being my best Accutron but it is my favorite. It was the first one I owned and has been a faithful companion for many years.

But this old beater has a very special place in my heart, it was my first non-Timex watch purchased at a PX in 1968 and continues to give good service.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
My favorite isn't necessarily the most desirable or most valuable but is the only Accutron I purchased new. It is a 1971 2181 with blue tiger eye dial in a SS case. It was serviced for the first time just last year and is running like new. Shown in the original box and I also have the original outer cardboard box.

A very close second is my Dad's GP 1941 Bulova given to him Christmas 1941 as an anniversary gift by my Mom. They were married a few days before Christmas in 1940. Has the original band and runs well. I had it serviced many years ago. It was only worn as a dress watch so is still in excellent physical condition.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks Skypilot. It took me nearly 4 years to find one of those Swiss models with a correct chapter ring and dial that wasn't in bad shape. It took me 4 months to get it together. I had to send off the case to be laser welded because it had a spring end expansion band that wore grooves on the inside of the lugs. I probably spent too much having it fixed but you know how that goes lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks Skypilot. It took me nearly 4 years to find one of those Swiss models with a correct chapter ring and dial that wasn't in bad shape. It took me 4 months to get it together. I had to send off the case to be laser welded because it had a spring end expansion band that wore grooves on the inside of the lugs. I probably spent too much having it fixed but you know how that goes lol
They are indeed rare. I have only seen 1, which I bought, and turned into a spaceview. The chapter ring and dial (which I still have) were completely wrecked. If I get screen printing supplies, I might restore to original. And I might be getting screen printing supplies. Nothing beats the original paint though... so beautiful

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.