WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Hello everyone,

It's nice to see all these lovely companions, thanks for sharing. Like some of you I've always been around dogs all my life and currently we have 3 in the family. Mine is a yellow lab.
I won him in a fundraiser auction benefiting our city pool renovation. I wasn't even there to put a bid but friends put me up to it.

I named him Zeus.
I got him when he was 8 weeks old.
How can I possibly not like this guy?

He loves the outdoors being a lab. He is a natural and playful as ever even now at age 3.

Of course he is a water dog being a lab, so he's been my fishing buddy ever since.

Living in the north and with snow all around in the winter, a companion like Zeus is perfect. There's no need to stay inside when I can have just as much fun outside.
Cross country skiing, snow shoeing, winter hikes, no problem. He keeps me in shape specially in the winter months!

Tough pup and loves the water, all seasons.....

Here is a photo/video of the two of us hiking and fly fishing. Watch the video segment(@1:45 min mark) and watch how well behaved he is as a fly fishing companion.
[video]https://vimeo.com/user17692364/review/174892152/169bfe8a33[/video]

He's been my best dog companion/friend ever.

:001_smile:​

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
MontTex, seriously, is your day job as photographer for magazines? Every photo you post is outstanding.

·
Banned
60 Posts
MontTex, seriously, is your day job as photographer for magazines? Every photo you post is outstanding.
Oh far from that. I'm just your ordinary amateur photog. I only have one camera and it's a 3 year old point and shoot Olympus Tough TG-3 waterproof camera. But thanks for the compliment sir.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
As much as I love the watch pics MontTex, you brought a tear to my eye with your "best buddy" pics.

I lost my Lab (Shadow) of 16 years on 8/2/2014, your dog is a spitting image of Shadow. Shadow was by my side everyday for those 16 years, and miss him everyday.

Bear, was rescued by my daughter in January the following year. He was found wandering around a bad area in downtown Los Angeles, no tags, no chip, no nothing. We took him to the vet who speculated that Bear was about 1 year old, part Chow, part ???
They are all amazing companions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Love Border Collies!! We had a deaf tri-colored one for 15 years. He knew about 25 hand signals and the neighborhood kids loved being able to communicate with him using those hand signals. Sadly, we had to put him to sleep a couple of years back. We miss him very much.

·
Banned
60 Posts
As much as I love the watch pics MontTex, you brought a tear to my eye with your "best buddy" pics.

I lost my Lab (Shadow) of 16 years on 8/2/2014, your dog is a spitting image of Shadow. Shadow was by my side everyday for those 16 years, and miss him everyday.

Bear, was rescued by my daughter in January the following year. He was found wandering around a bad area in downtown Los Angeles, no tags, no chip, no nothing. We took him to the vet who speculated that Bear was about 1 year old, part Chow, part ???
They are all amazing companions.
I agree, all are amazing companions. That's awesome Hawk53, great of you and your daughter.

Always ready to tag along, no questions asked.

More pictures of Zeus when he was a pup.

I can't even even think of the day when........ So sorry about Shadow Hawk53.:sad:
Lets remember the good days.
:001_smile:​

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Love Border Collies!! We had a deaf tri-colored one for 15 years. He knew about 25 hand signals and the neighborhood kids loved being able to communicate with him using those hand signals. Sadly, we had to put him to sleep a couple of years back. We miss him very much.
They are great dogs! The 4 yr old male (Kodah) is the father of the 2 yr old female (Virah). My son has Kodah very well trained to hand & voice commands and he loves to work. Virah isn't far behind but she is the athlete of the two. Never seen anything run like she can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts