WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Have been considering a 5726 or 5712 for a while -- I am leaning toward the simplicity and symmetry of the 5726 but was not 100% sold on the strap-only configuration. Not surprisingly I am now interested in the 5726/1a-001.

I read that despite the new bracelet version of the 5726 being offered that the old 5726 strap version cannot be swapped onto a nautilus bracelet for some reason. Is this true? Does anyone know if the soon-to-be released 5726/1a-001 bracelet version can be swapped to a strap?

For that matter, what about the 5712/1a -- can it take a strap?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,297 Posts
Re: 5712
I have seen this discussed several times on various forums. While I am not 100% certain,
it seems (just as you have read) that this is not possible. At least one thing we know
for sure is that these Nautilus straps / bracelets are not just simply swappable like it
is possible with some other brands. I remember reading someone's post who was looking into
this deeper and stated that it is possible with some alteration of the bracelet (or perhaps it was
the end metal piece that is between the head and the strap. Either way - who in a right mind
would really consider permanently altering a Patek watch ?!?.

Re 5726:
I have not seen any discussion about this yet, but I presume that the challenge is the same as with 5712.
Not sure if you will get a straight answer, but for what it's worth - perhaps you can call PP Geneva
or Henri Stern watch agency in NY. Their general policy (rightfully so) is against any modifying of watches
but 'just in case' something changed and they 'want' customers to have the flexibility of changing between
straps and bracelets and they actually adjusted the design of the bracelet attachment (wouldn't that be
nice :wink:) - maybe they will give you an answer you like.

Best of luck and please let us know if you find out more elsewhere !

·
Banned
63 Posts
Greetings,

Have been considering a 5726 or 5712 for a while -- I am leaning toward the simplicity and symmetry of the 5726 but was not 100% sold on the strap-only configuration. Not surprisingly I am now interested in the 5726/1a-001.

I read that despite the new bracelet version of the 5726 being offered that the old 5726 strap version cannot be swapped onto a nautilus bracelet for some reason. Is this true? Does anyone know if the soon-to-be released 5726/1a-001 bracelet version can be swapped to a strap?

For that matter, what about the 5712/1a -- can it take a strap?

Thanks!
no it is not possible.:lol:

[edited insulting text out of post]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.