WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
glad someone else is seeing it. this thing is covering the screen, I can't even read the forum cause a cooking show or advertisements are playing. I tried a different browser, didn't make a difference.

I let John know about it earlier.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glad someone else is seeing it. this thing is covering the screen, I can't even read the forum cause a cooking show or advertisements are playing. I tried a different browser, didn't make a difference.

I let John know about it earlier.
yup, i tried different URLs but this [annoying] is unique to WTF! please kill it!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Firefox w/ adblocker plus here, I'm not getting any problems.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using Safari on Mac, block pop up is enabled, but the problem persists... grrrr

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I tried all three browsers, including the latest Firefox and I can't see the main forum but when I get it clicked just right to respond it goes away. I will be unable to participate on this forum in general until the cooking show and commercials are done away with.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
I used to be a firm believer in Google Chrome. But once I started using Opera, I've never gone back. I don't know if it's that, or my security settings, or what...I have not seen so much as one pop-up!

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Guys - this appears to be a pretty isolated issue impacting a very small number of users. I'm not seeing any problems, and neither is our Systems Admin. So it will be very difficult to diagnose and fix. If anyone has any other useful input here, please let us know.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
grrrr....the Monkey See cooking lessons continue, it seems to be an issue only when selecting the "Forum" tab from :blush:the top menu...

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Okay...what are monkey sees and how do you cook them? Do I really wanna know? :T

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just reset all Safari settings and this seems to take care of the problem...the monkey and the kitchen is gone! :001_tt2:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
it was gone this morning but it came back a little while ago. I downloaded new browsers, new ad blockers and I still have it. this appears to be an advertisement that normally shows up on the sidebar but it just takes up the whole screen on my main page.

I have no idea what else to do. I guess for some reason I'm the only person that sees this now.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I was getting World of Watches. Cleared my browser history and it went away. How I get the cooking monkey thing and wish I was back to WoW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts