WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any other Tag Heuer fans have comments about the poor build quality of recent Tag Heuer watches? I have a Senna Carrera Calibre 16 which is 4 years old and has been worn for only 6 months of that time, but the red Senna S on the case back is wearing off! I only own the watch because of its Senna connection and now it looks like a cheap reproduction.

I have 6 Tag Heuer watches, from the late 80's to present day, but I'll never buy one again.

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
I'm a little surprised that your Tag has that kind of issue but I've no idea how they inscribed the 'S' and how they applied the red lacquer on the sapphire case back. It would seem to me that with wearing / friction etc that lacquer would eventually begin to wear off. Might be worth talking to your local Tag AD about getting a new case back for it under warranty.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, once lockdown is over that's my first port of call. Just disappointed that the Senna S is so poorly applied in the first place, especially when the watch is hardly worn, and never in wet conditions etc. Sad that Tag isn't anywhere near the quality of similarly priced "luxury" brands like Omega.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.