Crystal Material: Sapphire crystal
Water Resistance: 100 m

Price Approx. $175USD

All pics by Reto Castellazzi of PMWC,
and used with his permission

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Black IP plating is all the rage in the watch industry. I had one, but sold it. Kept worrying about it getting scratched. That's the trouble with any plated watch.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Why is this a poor man's watch? Just b/c of the price? One could argue that for $175, that they get an automatic day/date watch, and pocket the extra thousands to invest later. Although not a fan of the plating, that is a very nice watch.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is this a poor man's watch? Just b/c of the price? One could argue that for $175, that they get an automatic day/date watch, and pocket the extra thousands to invest later. Although not a fan of the plating, that is a very nice watch.
"Poor Man's Watch" is just one of my many theme topics. Of course this is a great watch regardless of available income; these are simply watches that I think are great values for those who can't spend more than $200 on a quality watch. Most of my prior examples have cost under $100, like my $25 Russian Slava! Would "Financially Challenged Person's Watch of the Knight be better? :D

·
Registered
100 Posts

A quote from Reto at PMWF:

"On www.PMWF.com we focus on value for money. We are not really "Poor Men", the rather provocative title "Poor Man's" Watch forum - note the quotation marks - simply means that our main interest goes to the less expensive watches from sometimes lesser known or new brands. With quality and value for money, or with our slogan "More Watch for the Money" the friendly community is described best."

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I like the black watches. I have two, including my Casio G-Shock Tough Solar Waveceptor and one of my Timex Chronographs.

I think it's a good look and I've had no problem with scratching on either watch.

I do prefer a matte finish, however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts