Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Let's wait

Votes: 5 11.4%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there seems to be some interest in starting a Hamilton Forum let's see what everyone thinks.
Vote once and ,as always,opinions are welcome from all.
IMHO with Hamiltons rich American based history,and wide range of price points and a large and varied catalog I think it would be a great addition to WTF.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Hubba hubba! 23 skidoo!

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
@lonetime: your post reminds me of a puzzle from one of my university philosophy classes:

There are two tribes of Indians. One always tells the truth. The other always lies. Both live in the same area. The path to their villages separates at a Y. You want to visit the Truth Tellers' Village, but don't know which fork to take.
There, standing at where the path splits, is an Indian. However, you do not know if he is a Truth Teller or a Liar. But you need directions.
What is the one question you can ask that will guarantee you'll get to the Truth Teller Village no matter which tribe he belongs to?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
There are two political parties. One always tells the truth. The other always lies. Both live in the same area. The path to their Condos separates at a Y. You want to visit the Truth Tellers' condominium, but do not know which fork to take.
There, standing at where the path splits, is a politician. However, you do not know if he is a Truth Teller or a Liar. However, you need directions.
What is the one question you can ask that will guarantee you will get to the Truth Teller condominium no matter which party he belongs to?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
There are two political parties. One always tells the truth.

Two questions:

1. What planet are you talking about?

2. Do you have to politicize everything?

·
Registered
100 Posts
@lonetime: your post reminds me of a puzzle from one of my university philosophy classes:

There are two tribes of Indians. One always tells the truth. The other always lies. Both live in the same area. The path to their villages separates at a Y. You want to visit the Truth Tellers' Village, but don't know which fork to take.
There, standing at where the path splits, is an Indian. However, you do not know if he is a Truth Teller or a Liar. But you need directions.
What is the one question you can ask that will guarantee you'll get to the Truth Teller Village no matter which tribe he belongs to?

Without cheating, and I do terrible at these things, I think I want to ask something like ... "Are you a liar or a truth teller?"...

But, I don't know how that would help me. Let me think on this.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

first what type of watch is he wearing. If he doesn't have him, I would not give him the time of day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've owned two Hamiltons (one which I deeply regret selling), but I've got my sight set on a couple of new Hammys in the coming weeks, so yeah, I'd like to see a Hamilton Forum.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Flip a coin and deal with it!!
Then buy a Hamilton!!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'd ask which way to liars tribe.

A liar would point the way to the truth tellers, telling a lie as he would.

A truth teller would, of course, tell the truth.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Me thinking a Hammie forum would be a plus for the WTF ..agree with Foggie, the brand background history plus the current excellent quality standards and daring model lines design makes for a winner ...add the affordable price range and ....well, y'all know:) to me, Hammilton is becoming the new Omega

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I'd ask which way to liars tribe.

A liar would point the way to the truth tellers, telling a lie as he would.

A truth teller would, of course, tell the truth.

But you still wouldn't know, which fork to take. Based on your question. And you only have ONE question.

The Liar would send you to the Truth Teller's and the Truth Teller would send you to The Liars. So you still can't be sure which way to go. Because you don't know whether the Indian is a Liar or a Truth Teller.

________

This isn't as simple as it looks. But with careful thought, you'll crack it.
Remember, Liars ALWAYS lie and Truth Tellers are ALWAYS true.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
I have done a little internet research and can find a reference to only one Hamilton Forum and that one seems to be for vintage Hammie owners. Such a forum may put us in a unique position.

Unfortunately the closest AD to me is 55 miles away in a Buffalo suburb but many online Hamilton dealers from which to buy.

I would like to know how many forum members OWN a Hamilton watch. (I am a former owner with regret that I cannot say that I am a current owner.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Despite the brand being owned by the Swatch Group, I happen to think that modern Hamilton watches represent a great value in actual Swiss-made timepieces. Frankly, I can't say that I've never heard of a Hamilton with quality control. I presently own a Khaki Field quartz and I owned an automatic Dodson (the one I regret selling), but I will certainly be buying a few more.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I voted 'let's wait'. Just having a separate forum for the brand too early may be counterproductive as the brand forums tend to appear 'inactive'. Little traffic and postings cast 'wrong perceptions'.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hamilton can serve the WTF by bringing a broad based appeal. Starting as a great American watch company it has a "local boy makes good flavor". Its unique line up allows anyone willing to spend $250 to $1,500 to participate in. I would classify the Brand as a "value" brand therefore there is a whole lot there for the money. I would think that with this broad appeal, a Hamilton Forum could give the "cheeseheads" a run for their money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts