·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice idea... I think a LT pocket watch could look pretty cool :thumbup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whew! LOL I thought I might be the only one interested in this.

Just a thought....but figured Lum-tec could come up with something classy, modern, and unique.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If you want a pocket watch, I suggest you look at either an antique Hamilton or Elgin RR pocket watches.

I am fortunate to have my grandfather's 1874 Elgin RR watch. It is an H.H. Taylor model. "Pop" started working for the old Virginian RR in 1898 at the age of 14. His father gave him this watch to use at work. I had it restored and it keeps RR spec time today. Throughout his career of 50 years he had 3 pocket watches. The newest one is a 1923 Elgin in a gold case. I would some day like to have that one, but my 93 year old aunt has it and I'm not sure where it will go.

There is simply nothing like the looks, feel and sound of an old classic pocket watch! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Shouldn't be too tough. I think both the SCB1 and SCB2 employ basically a pocket watch movement in the ETA 6498-1.

I think you are also correct in guessing that there'd be very limited appeal for a pocket watch in this day and age. Most of us call that a "cell phone." :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about my grandfather's antique 1874 Elgin RR pocket watch. I have just gotten his 1886 Elgin RR pocket watch back from the watchmaker after cleaning and adjusting. The 1886 model, just as the 1874 model, is keeping excellent time.

New pocket watches are nice, but I still suggest getting a vintage classic Elgin or Hamilton pocket watch if you want a pocket watch. While I like my two pocket watches as they hold sentimental value for me, I much prefer a good watch on my wrist. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
What would be cool is a pocket watch in Tungsten!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was thinking as I was changing the strap on my new A17 that if someone could make a pocket watch fob for the Bull45 series, they would make excellent pocket watches. Heck, the crown is even already on top.
Just a thought,
Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ended up getting the Nixon ones just for fun and try wearing them to see what it would be like. They look nice with a nice exhibition case back.

Ok feel opening and closing. I think the bronzish one is the most interesting.

Each come with a metal link and leather like link.

P1020551.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I'm imagining a tungsten hunter style case with an all lumed dial inside and a decorated movement! How cool would that be? The first watch I ever owned was a pocket watch that my parents gave to me when I graduated High School. It was cheap fake gold pot metal that got a horrible tarnish, but I still have it! I could see myself carrying one again for dress up days!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow! I'm glad to see there are some other people interested in this!

Would love any of these options!

Would be cool if Lumtec would do a render just for fun!

·
Registered
722 Posts
You have an empty pocket?

There's the ubiquitous cell phone, car keys, wallet, glasses both reading and dark, a pen and now a pocket watch? That's a whole new meaning to deep pockets. Isn't this why we strapped them to our wrists? At least this way I can find the **** thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts