WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PO, co-axial chronometer and love the watch.....except when I put it down! (both for the love of it and this issue....)

I wear the watch everyday to work and only take it off during the night while sleeping, the power reserve (PR) lasted and the watch kept on ticking. Well on Friday, I get home around 4pm and took off the watch, well this morning I notice the second hand was not moving, well it seemed that the PR was exhausted around 11:00 pm last night (date still from yesterday). I know that this watch has a PR of 48 hours...but 7 hours? And I normally work at a computer during the day - not much hand motion. On weekends that I do NOT plan on wearing it, I put it in a watch winder, it rotates it both counter and clock wise on timed iterations (NOT all the time moving)....on these weekends and by Monday morning...it is still keeping time.

Should I be concerned or should I just visit the bathroom more during the day to get some motion into the watch?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hey Mate,

I would take some notice of the reserve at a few different positions and also try manual winding of the watch. (Refer to your manaul, but simply unscrew the crown and wind at the 1st position approx 30 times.)

The watch should go for a hell of a lot longer than seven hours:blink:. It could be that you dont have enough of the right movement at work to wind the watch but one would assume that you do move at work because normally wearing an auto for the day will top up the reserve to nearly full capacity.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts