·
Registered
2,395 Posts
What a POS....the watch and the seller.

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. When the community gets together to ensure fair play we can make things happen fast. That guy bought the watch for a measly $60, knew it was a fake, and was trying to pocket $1300 or more off some unsuspecting n00b. What a d!¢k. :cursing:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
For those of us noobs, what from these 2 pictures gave it away as a fake? The date instead of totalizers? The little gold rings around the sundials? The shape of the case? Something about the engraving on the back?

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The date instead of totalizers? The little gold rings around the sundials? The shape of the case? Something about the engraving on the back?
Yes, yes, and yes. No Speedmaster moonwatch has a date feature of any kind. Just like fake Rolex Daytonas, this is the obvious first tip off. The caseback has a poor engraving - real Speedmaster casebacks have much more detail to the hippocampus. Here's the funny part about the caseback: Since when does QUALIFIED start with an O? And did I miss the memo about dropping the second I in MISSIONS? :laugh:

PS - I see you're posting from your smartphone. Mine turns "subdials" into "sundials" too. :001_rolleyes: Not as smart as they think they are, huh?

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
That was a good example of an awful fake. You would think that the seller would not post any pictures of the caseback with such spelling howlers in the engraving....:glare:.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dennis,

I actually reported him after I saw that thread. Nice to see they pulled it.:thumbup1:
People like that **** me off.:cursing::cursing:

Rick

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
This doesn't make my blood boil nearly as much as the really, really (impossible to tell by angled Photos) Franken fakes. :001_unsure:

Those Ebay sellers usually comment with lines like "It came without Box and papers, selling As-Is."

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hmmm by looking at it for the first time , it does not look that bad though ,,, why would anyone want to manufactured fake with such difficulties as this one and end up paid only few hundred bucks ??? :001_tt2: such a shame ...

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
Hmmm by looking at it for the first time , it does not look that bad though ...
You're right, Pete, it doesn't. But Watch Talk Forums takes counterfeit watches very seriously (see our Rules and Regulations for a full explanation. Many people don't realize the harm fakes do to the watch industry. And in spite of a certain phrase's popularity (and mis-use BTW), imitation is NOT the sincerest form of flattery. Just ask anybody who has had millions of dollars stolen from them by having their ideas ripped-off.

Bottom line: fakes are a big no-no!

Reactions: accutronredux
1 - 17 of 17 Posts