WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: Venom F0003 pictures added:)

I recently purchased an "Invicta Reserve Venom F0003" from amazon.com

There are plenty of great reviews not to mention this is a nice and rather expensive watch.

Here is my question...I notice on the pictures of the watch it just says "Swiss", both front and back.
I noticed on other pictures of the same identical watch on a google search some of them have "Swiss Made" stamped on them...however this is supposed to be the same watch.
Here is the link from amazon from which I ordered it from: Invicta Men's F0003 Reserve Collection Venom Chronograph Gunmetal Ion-Plated Watch:Amazon:Watches

Now I realize that without a doubt these watches are not made 100% Swiss. I am just curious as to whether or not I screwed up and ordered a cheaper version of the "Venom F0003" watch when I can get the one that is stamped with "Swiss Made" off of EBay for roughly the same price if not a little bit cheaper. I just really do not like using Ebay for ordering watches I have had some bad experiences with doing that such as receiving broken watches or used ones claiming to be brand new.

I really am getting paranoid here and do deal with having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and once again all I need to know is being that I ordered the Invicta Venom F0003 from amazon "Did I make the correct choice?" it is too late to cancel as it has already been shipped but I can return it and try and find the same one only with the "Swiss Made" words imprinted on the watch on Ebay.

Sorry if this post annoys anyone it is just that it is not every day I am spending close to $500.00 for a watch...as long as the one from amazon is okay that will make me feel better. Hopefully the 2 watches are identical just the words are different.:confused1:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Okay obviously I think I am over reacting. I did some extensive reading and the Venom F0003 "Swiss" watch has nothing but great reviews. I believe Invicta has been trying to get away with making their customers think their watches are all Swiss Made when that is complete BS.
Honestly as long as it is a nice looking and functioning watch I could care less.
Either way it looks like I will be receiving one heck of a nice watch pretty soon.

Still a little puzzled as to why some venom F0003 I see on google and Ebay still have "Swiss Made" on them. Maybe earlier versions just hope the quality of the one I purchased is decent and will last me years.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Return Watch............

Bro, yrs ago all Invicta Reserve are all Swiss Made. Not anymore. Invicta lowered their standard.
Good example is this watch you just bought. It looks like you got a Swiss ETA G10.211 movement.
Honestly, if I will to spent $500 I'll go for the Swiss Made one.
Your watch which is built in China with a Swiss G10 mov't, I'll not pay more than $250 tops.
Those G10 mov't are very cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bro, yrs ago all Invicta Reserve are all Swiss Made. Not anymore. Invicta lowered their standard.
Good example is this watch you just bought. It looks like you got a Swiss ETA G10.211 movement.
Honestly, if I will to spent $500 I'll go for the Swiss Made one.
Your watch which is built in China with a Swiss G10 mov't, I'll not pay more than $250 tops.
Those G10 mov't are very cheap.
Well...I was able to get in touch with the seller and he will be reimbursing me all I have to do is ship it back and fill out the return information.

I appreciate your reply and some great news is that I came across an original F0003 with the "Swiss Made" logo on both the front and back. Actually I have bought from this seller before he is definately a trusted person to buy from...and he sent me numerous pictures and everything looks perfect.
It is in new condition with tags still and it was actually $100.00 cheaper than the one from Amazon and even threw in free priority shipping. These seem hard to find so this was a lucky score.
I just like the idea of knowing that the Swiss Made version may be of better quality than the current one that is offered on Amazon and a few other places.
Well...I will feel much happier once I receive. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
One thing about Googling images you have to remember is that the Google search engine doesn't give a rat's patootie WHERE the images come from. As long as it's there somewhere in the 'net, you'll see it in a Images Search. That includes manufacturers pages, reputable sellers, replica sellers, discussion sites like this one, blogs, magazines, whatever. It used to be: all we needed to research was the seller. Now: we have to be careful and research the image URL as well!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good on You

Well...I was able to get in touch with the seller and he will be reimbursing me all I have to do is ship it back and fill out the return information.

I just like the idea of knowing that the Swiss Made version may be of better quality than the current one that is offered on Amazon and a few other places.
Well...I will feel much happier once I receive. :)
I'm happy to hear that you found the Swiss Made Venom. And $100 change. So when can WTF expect some donation from u? A least something since we help u save money.:lol::lol::lol:

If that is true Swiss Made, of course its better than Chinese made. Even the high end Chinese watches. There is a psychological barrier people have to cross before we start to think other wise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm happy to hear that you found the Swiss Made Venom. And $100 change. So when can WTF expect some donation from u? A least something since we help u save money.:lol::lol::lol:

If that is true Swiss Made, of course its better than Chinese made. Even the high end Chinese watches. There is a psychological barrier people have to cross before we start to think other wise.
Donation pending,lol...I still have to wait and see if I actually like the watch on my wrist first. The pictures the seller gave me were actually pictures of the watch being sold and not one taken from the Internet. I should have this watch tomorrow... as well as the other F0003 from Amazon. I would like to compare them side by side to see if there is any cosmetic differences between the 2 which should be interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.