WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from work gave me his brother's Breitling to get repaired, and wants me to possibly make him an offer to buy it. Other than a couple of vintage pieces, I'm not up on modern Breitlings. I's a Colt Chronocean, 100 meters/300 feet. It's on a bracelet, has a white dial with three blue sub dials. On the back is engraved A530** (serial number???), and under that 3807. I though all Colts were quartz but it doesn't say that anywhere, nor does it say automatic. There's no case damage but it doesn't run. Assuming in needs a battery or minor repair, what would be a fair selling price for it??? Sorry no pics!!!! It looks to be 90% externally with just minor desk diving scratches on the clasp. :001_wub:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
The A530... # is the model, not serial #. Not all Colt's are quartz, some are mechanical. Do a Google search on the model # and that should give you the answer.

As to price, I have no idea. My best advise would be search completed eBay auctions to see if any have sold and if so for how much. Also search the WatchRecon & type sites to see what current asking prices are. that should give you a good ballpark on fair pricing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response. It's a beautiful watch, but a bit too blingy for me. Other than my Speedmaster and vintage Premiere, I don't wear sports watches. I'll take it to my watch guy and see what it needs.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it to a local jeweler to see if it was possibly the battery. It wasn't:cursing:The inside of the case was in nice shape anyway. Also, the hands aren't moving properly. Looks like she's going to the watch hospital for a checkup. :scared:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Sorry to hear it wasn't just a battery. Hopefully it'll be something simple though.

BTW, some guys have satin finished their Breitlings to make them less blingy. It's an easy thing, and easily restored to full poplish later if you decide to part with it. Just a thought if you like the watch but just don't like the all-polished surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts