WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am trying to get valuation for a Patek Philippe watch, a 25 jewels model I have had since the last 40 years. This was passed on to me by my father and I would like to see if my estimate for what this watch is worth is in the correct ball park. I am trying to sell this to the right buyer and so would like to find some help here from people interested in collecting antique Patek Philippe watches.

I am looking at a starting bid of around a $100,000 USD to begin with. Not sure if I am in the right ball park but since it's an antique I figured it would be worth atleast that much. Please let me know what model number this one is, I don't have any of the original paperwork that came with this watch back when it was purchased.
Patek Philippe watch.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
Of course you are. My first concern is whether that watch is even a legitimate Patek...doesn't look like any Patek i've ever seen. Just based on that one photo i wouldn't attempt a guess. Good clear photos of the movement / dial / case back and inside of the case back would be needed.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Do I smell a troll ?
bumpyrider says it all! A 100 grand, give me a break! Anyone thinking straight, that knew nothing about watches, would get in touch with an auction house like Heritage to find out what they had. And as usual, always the terrible pictures! :lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well all I can say is I hope bumpy got a good laugh out of this!

Reactions: charlie48

·
Banned
394 Posts
Folks,

I am trying to get valuation for a Patek Philippe watch, a 25 jewels model I have had since the last 40 years. This was passed on to me by my father and I would like to see if my estimate for what this watch is worth is in the correct ball park. I am trying to sell this to the right buyer and so would like to find some help here from people interested in collecting antique Patek Philippe watches.

I am looking at a starting bid of around a $100,000 USD to begin with. Not sure if I am in the right ball park but since it's an antique I figured it would be worth atleast that much. Please let me know what model number this one is, I don't have any of the original paperwork that came with this watch back when it was purchased.
View attachment 117538
Yes, that seems a reasonable price to start at

·
Super Moderator
15,490 Posts
I thought April Fools Day was last week!

Reactions: charlie48

·
Super Moderator
15,490 Posts
What makes you believe it's a PP? And what's with the subdial at 9 o'clock?

·
Banned
154 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts