WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Hello and welcome!

How about introducing yourself to the forum first? Have you tried google? Where is your location? My local AD carries them but unless you are in my neighborhood, that info is useless. Just saying....hope you stay around and enjoy your time here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome!

How about introducing yourself to the forum first? Have you tried google? Where is your location? My local AD carries them but unless you are in my neighborhood, that info is useless. Just saying....hope you stay around and enjoy your time here.

Cheers!
Hi. I`ve got nothing to introduce yet - I only own one 7 years old Armani watch. Just starting to like watches now :) I tried:

1. Google - nothing.
2. Emailed CASIO - waiting for reply.
3. Tweeted to Casio on twitter, waiting for reply.
4. Messaged about 20 ebay sellers from Japan and UK - they can`t source it, apparently its China model.
5. Tried to find any Casio employees on LinkedIn, but none of them are in my level, so cannot message them.
6. Joined watch discussion group on LinkedIn, waiting for approval.

I`m in UK, London.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi. I`ve got nothing to introduce yet - I only own one 7 years old Armani watch. Just starting to like watches now :) I tried:

1. Google - nothing.
4. Messaged about 20 ebay sellers from Japan and UK - they can`t source it, apparently its China model.
5. Tried to find any Casio employees on LinkedIn, but none of them are in my level, so cannot message them.

I`m in UK, London.

I haven't seen that one here in Canada. I am getting interested in the Edifice line. They make some nice chronos, reasonably priced. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts

1. Google - nothing.

I`m in UK, London.
Hi Depo,

It's a new model and should reach most of the Asian market in the next few months. If you could wait, it will show up on ebay at the least, if not in the UK. The dial looks really good and Casio do make great watches. I believe Casio still suffers backlogged orders due to last December's flood in Bangkok affecting one of their factories. I just check with my local brick and mortar dealership and he hasnt received this model yet. Most watch manufacturers list new models but they take months before actual products are distributed.

Again welcome and I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Welcome to the forums! As I always say, buy the seller not the watch. Ebay can be a tricky place to buy watches from esp new ones. Are they a auth dealer? Will your warranty be any good? Is the Price too good to be true? What do other say about him as a seller? All questions I look at when buying eBay. If the watch is brand new, as Daron said it will take a little time to trickle down to the other markets. I bet the UK get's it before the US does! I bet you'll see this watch sooner, rather than later at your local watch shop for a hands on look at it. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forums! As I always say, buy the seller not the watch. Ebay can be a tricky place to buy watches from esp new ones. Are they a auth dealer? Will your warranty be any good? Is the Price too good to be true? What do other say about him as a seller? All questions I look at when buying eBay. If the watch is brand new, as Daron said it will take a little time to trickle down to the other markets. I bet the UK get's it before the US does! I bet you'll see this watch sooner, rather than later at your local watch shop for a hands on look at it. :thumbup1:
Sellers seems to be quite big, sells lot of watches, has great feedback. I don`t think he is AD. Warranty - no worried, its not Rolex for 10k :D He quoted $150 for it. Price seems to be a bit too cheap IMO.

Once I get fire in my pants, I cannot stop and I`m loosing plot - this watch is driving me nuts, I couldn`t sleep last night thinking of it. (Don`t tell my wife!!!)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
LOL If you can read Chinese there are some sellers in China selling for about that price. I can't vouch for the seller though... never heard of them. I used Google Translate to look at one page since they didn't offer other languages.

Watches is a sickness! Just about all here have the sickness, and are down with the sickness!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL If you can read Chinese there are some sellers in China selling for about that price. I can't vouch for the seller though... never heard of them. I used Google Translate to look at one page since they didn't offer other languages.

Watches is a sickness! Just about all here have the sickness, and are down with the sickness!!
I also found few sellers in China via Google, but those online shops look very unsecure and risky +too cheap.

Any Chinese here on forum ?:confused1:

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
GoDuke1 is right, the seller is very important. On eBay, I wouldnt deal with anyone with less then 99% feedback. Also do read the negative feeback comments in the last 6 months, it will help you make an informed decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GoDuke1 is right, the seller is very important. On eBay, I wouldnt deal with anyone with less then 99% feedback. Also do read the negative feeback comments in the last 6 months, it will help you make an informed decision.
I read all his feedback. Mostly negative because people didn`t receive watches at all or veeery long shipping. Lost items - thanks to crap postal service and stealing postman. Long shipping - not an issue. Otherwise no reported fake watches. Compared to his huge amount of positive feedback, seems ok.

I have asked him to create a listing with this watch and I`ll buy it - for my own security, in case there are issues, I can open a case on eBay and get my money back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.