1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
(CAVEAT: I have "over 20" autos and find no need of a winder. I consider then an unnecessary expense unless you own some version of a perpetual calendar watch.)

Avoid the $86 one! I see no mention of it being programmable, and you want that feature. Not all rotors wind a watch in the same direction, and not all watches become fully-wound with the same number of rotor turns. You want a winder that will turn clockwise OR counter-clockwise. And it's silly to have the thing running for 1000 revolutions if your watch only requires 600. Orbita Watch winders - Innovative Watch winder Designs | Orbita Watchwinders

And I'd try and save up for an even better one.
Like most everything else in the world, cheaper products just don't last as long as the quality ones do.

(NOTE: I'm not necessarily recommending Orbita...it's just that they have that great database for auto watch movements. It's an invaluable tool for anyone who likes mechanical watches!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(CAVEAT: I have "over 20" autos and find no need of a winder. I consider then an unnecessary expense unless you own some version of a perpetual calendar watch.)

Avoid the $86 one! I see no mention of it being programmable, and you want that feature. Not all rotors wind a watch in the same direction, and not all watches become fully-wound with the same number of rotor turns. You want a winder that will turn clockwise OR counter-clockwise. And it's silly to have the thing running for 1000 revolutions if your watch only requires 600. Orbita Watch winders - Innovative Watch winder Designs | Orbita Watchwinders

And I'd try and save up for an even better one.
Like most everything else in the world, cheaper products just don't last as long as the quality ones do.

(NOTE: I'm not necessarily recommending Orbita...it's just that they have that great database for auto watch movements. It's an invaluable tool for anyone who likes mechanical watches!)
Thanks for your advice.
I see "Versatile Winding Options" in the description and the reviews are good.
Orbita is a little expensive. Maybe I would like to buy a cheap one first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Because I have a couple of Longines Watches, I decided order a double one.
It arrives today. I can even smell the wood, beautiful wood box and quiet motor. LCD screen is also functional. Not regret to buy this Chiyoda watch winder so far.
IMG_20160226_132224.jpg
watch winder1.jpg
watch winder3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
No, a $800 winder from Orbita is expensive. Anything under $100 is cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts