WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a planet ocean 9300 chrono from an AD(authorized dealer). 4 days later I realized that the chrono function of my watch was not working, so I contacted OMEGA and the AD for a replacement because I got a defective watch that was not working since the begining. Neither OMEGA nor the AD were able to replace my watch. OMEGA fixed it (it took 2 months and 10 days) and returned back to me.

In my personal opinion, OMEGA has great watches but they are selling defective watches and if you are unfortunate as I was, once you pay for it, there is nothing you can do to either return the watch or get a replacement. This is just my personal experience but what happened to me can also happen to you.

I am willing to reply to any commentary any of the people of this forum might have. I also have all the evidence about what I posted in this thread. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I don't think that when you buy a luxury watch that cost 8100 US dollars, you need to get a defective watch instead.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Hi again Miguel. Answered you on the other forum and will do the same here: stuff happens and this time it happened to you. There are very few complaints about the new series of calibers. If the AD didn't give you what you wanted try contacting Omega directly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again Miguel. Answered you on the other forum and will do the same here: stuff happens and this time it happened to you. There are very few complaints about the new series of calibers. If the AD didn't give you what you wanted try contacting Omega directly.
I contacted them, they didn't care. Anyway, I just want to let people know about what happened to me. 3 months ago, I was visiting this forums before taking the decision between omega 9300 and rolex deepsea. I realize now I did the wrong move. Probably nothing can solve my problem now but someone else can solve his problem before buying his watch.
Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went to a high end second hand store in Toronto to look at watches, specifically Rolex Subs. I spoke with the sales person and looked at Rolex, Panerai, Bell & Ross and Omega. While she did say that Rolex holds it value and is very popular she suggested that they weren't necessarily better watches only better marketed. In fact in her opinion Omega makes a better watch and they keep better time!!!

Thought I would share my experience.

Good luck with your watch I'm sure it's beautiful.

Paul

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
sorry for your misfortune Miguel,

Omega makes an extremely nice watch, any number of reasons you experienced a failure but for sure in my mind, the AD should have thoroughly went over that watch making sure all functions were in proper working order along with your understanding of it's operation. the AD might have saved you 2 months worth of disappointment if they/you had went over everything before you got out of the store. any brand can experience a failure or Service/CS problems and it is unfortunate when it does occur but we learn and move forward. (I could tell a story or two about Rolex Service/CS that would make your hair stand up)

I assume the watch is in perfect working order presently... all I can say is try to hit the "reset" button with your expectations, move forward and enjoy that fine timepiece.

diver88:thumbup1:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to a high end second hand store in Toronto to look at watches, specifically Rolex Subs. I spoke with the sales person and looked at Rolex, Panerai, Bell & Ross and Omega. While she did say that Rolex holds it value and is very popular she suggested that they weren't necessarily better watches only better marketed. In fact in her opinion Omega makes a better watch and they keep better time!!!
l
This is highly debatable. Some of the newer stuff coming out of Omega is much improved. They have really upped their game lately. I'd still take a Sub any day though.

To the OP: That really sucks. I can't believe that the AD didn't take it back. I guess one of the benefits of buying from an AD is you can check out in the store and make sure it works BEFORE you leave.... next time ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.