WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a second Lum-Tec and the Bull45 A17 caught my eye. I love the design but wish the dial was darker like the M42. That got me wondering how the A17 would look with the optional phantom sapphire.

Does anyone have pictures of an A17 with the phantom sapphire crystal? Or any similar watches that have a phantom dial with a phantom sapphire crystal?

Lum-Tec phantom dial watches: A17, M33, M42

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up the LUM TEC a17 phantom and a Pam 177 for my birthday a few days ago. I really love the watch. Beautiful to look at and comfortable to wear. Go for it.
photo-16.jpg
photo-17.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
I might be completely wrong, but I was under the assumption that the two 'Phantom' models in the LT line (the A17, and the M33) already had the blackout phantom sapphire.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I might be completely wrong, but I was under the assumption that the two 'Phantom' models in the LT line (the A17, and the M33) already had the blackout phantom sapphire.
There's the M42 Phantom and M51 Phantom as well. The smoked sapphire does come standard on all these "Phantom" models, but LT will replace the smoked sapphire with a clear sapphire at the buyer's request for no extra charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What threw me off was that there is a M51 and M51 phantom. So I thought that all the watches having phantom in the title had the phantom sapphire crystal. But when looking at the pictures of M33, M42, and A17 on the Lum Tec website and user's pictures, it doesnt seem like those have the phantom sapphire.

Note: M33 doesnt have 'phantom' in its title and the dial on A17 (does have phantom in title) looks very similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Confirmed with Chris today that the A17 comes with the clear sapphire crystal.

It can now be said that you're going to get a clear sapphire crystal unless it specifically mentions a phantom sapphire crystal in the watches description like the M51 phantom. One cannot assume a watch comes with the phantom sapphire crystal judging only by the watches title.

Lum Tec, LLC

With that, any pictures of phantom dials with the optional phantom sapphire crystal installed?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love my A17, but I don't think I would like it as much with a phantom crystal. It's already pretty stealthy, and I think the phantom crystal would make it unreadable. Ymmv.
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts