WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lied when I said the cal 89 definitely would be my last purchase in 2007. I ran across this iconic and rare IWC Doppel Chronograph 3711 and could not resist. It came with the original box and papers, but sadly not the original steel bracelet. I am now in the hunt to replace the strap with the one that was the OEM steel bracelet. The 3711 was only in production for two years, 1993-1995 and was replaced by the 3713 that was in production for 10 years. This is one is relatively rare and quite a find.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all....

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Congratulations!

You are a fortunate man.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Bill.

Nice find... lovely watch and lovely wooden box.

pity my 3717 didn't come in such a nice box.... even my recent Zenith came with an equally nice one...

When did they stop supplying these with their watches?? or is it model dependant? any idea's?

Mike :wink:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Very nice watch Bill

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks for sharing your new joy with us. Great lead up to Christmas too.

Best WIShes

ZIN

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@ sweetpea,

The box is not necessarily model dependent. My 5001 Portuguese came in a wooden that is a tad larger than this one. But, my 5022 Portuguese Perpetual is in a black leather box that is a tad larger than the black leather box for the Laureus and Saint Exupery. It seems IWC switched in2007 to the black leather boxes for most models.

Bill

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice (to say the least)! It seems every other week there is a new acquisition ☺

It is a nice watch, when I was looking at the big eng I got a chance to look at the top gun ceramic versions, cool watches.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Wow Bill!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

A very nice watch! Enjoy, and I look forward to a review! :thumbup1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts