WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its torture for most of you to post pics of your babies. :001_tongue:

I was hoping for some side by sides of Superocean Chronos and Chronomats (prefer black faces) if you have any laying around. Currently leaning towards the Chronomat, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Happy to help

Some new shots and an old shot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A few pics of my new Chrono Superocean....

Hello,

I am new to WTF but I am a long time member of other watch forums and I thought I'd finally join in on some of the fun here. Thanks for allowing me aboard! :thumbup1:

Anyway, I wanted to share some shots of my 3 week old CSO. I am really enjoying this watch! I also admire the Chronomat and see myself getting one of those in the future, possibly with MOP or a lighter colored dial.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. Nice looking watches. **** that Superocean looks pretty good.... ARGH! You'd think a decision like this would be easier! I like the cases almost equally, I just can't decide if I really need that pilot's band....

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hey MIKIRaTT,

Welcome to WTF! Hope to see you post here often. :thumbup1:

That's a great looking SO Chrono! Wear it well! I'm sure you'll get years of great service from it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I just can't decide if I really need that pilot's band....

Need?????? Nope...

Want?? YES!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If we went by needs we'd all be wearing a $3 Wal-Mart watch! :scared:

Seriously though, I have both a Crosswind Special on the Pilot & a Super Ocean on the Pro II. Both are very nice & comfortable. To be honest, there is no comfort difference between the 2. However, the pilot bracelet definitely looks more 'flashy' and I do like the look better than the Pro II bracelet. Don't know if that helps or not...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey MIKIRaTT,

Welcome to WTF! Hope to see you post here often. :thumbup1:

That's a great looking SO Chrono! Wear it well! I'm sure you'll get years of great service from it! :thumbup:

Thanks Scott!

I look forward to participating and contributing when I can, as well as meeting some great new folks who are as crazy about watches as I am.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Welcome and I must say that you have great taste in watches.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks Scott!

I look forward to participating and contributing when I can, as well as meeting some great new folks who are as crazy about watches as I am.

Regards,
Steve
Hey MICKIRaTT,

You've come to the right place.

May also also offer you a warm welcome to WTF and I hope to see you and your stunning SO Chrono here often.:biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Need?????? Nope...

Want?? YES!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If we went by needs we'd all be wearing a $3 Wal-Mart watch! :scared:

Seriously though, I have both a Crosswind Special on the Pilot & a Super Ocean on the Pro II. Both are very nice & comfortable. To be honest, there is no comfort difference between the 2. However, the pilot bracelet definitely looks more 'flashy' and I do like the look better than the Pro II bracelet. Don't know if that helps or not...
Begs the question. Can I put a Pilot on the SO down the road if I'm willing to shell out the coin?

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Begs the question. Can I put a Pilot on the SO down the road if I'm willing to shell out the coin?
No, unless you're willing to do major modifications to the bracelet. The Chronomat has a squared off endlink & the SuperOcean is rounded for the case shape. You may be able to have a watchmaker modify it (I'd doubt it though) and even if you could, would you want to take the chance on a $1,100 bracelet? :scared:

nope sorry.. You're stuck with what comes with them.. I'd imagine that's by design too... :sad:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
You could also buy an aftermarket style bracelet.Unfortunately they have straight ends but it would be cheaper.

There are some quite good aftermarket pilot style bracelets out there and I dont mean fakes,I mean a similar style.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
yep, definitely crazy here.....

Thanks Scott!

Regards,
Steve
CRAZY????!!! YES..... we're all crazy here... hehehehehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts