WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of going with Maratec's composite straps when i receive the watch (merry christmas to ME!), but this is a simple request for Lum-Tec owner shots of the M27 on black straps (leather, composite, calf - whatever) with red stitching, OR, if u own an M27, straps you bought specifically for your watch that you prefer.

also, i have a 7" wrist - anyone with smaller wrists have any complaints about the on-the-wrist feel of the M27? i'll be trying it on and making my final purchase decision next week.

thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can't help with the pics but I can say I have 7" wrists and own two tungstens. No complaints about the on the wrist feel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks nugs. i'm just looking for pix to reassure myself. u know when u see pix of what u want looking GOOD u can't help but pull the trigger. :)

·
Registered
15,309 Posts

As requested: "M27 on Black Strap w/Red Stitching"

Here is my favorite custom gator. I think it looks like it came with M27 right from Lum-tec..
It feels and looks of a supreme quality. I am very happy with it. I used the same strap maker
for my Lum-tec V3 and will use her again for my M61/M62.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As requested: "M27 on Black Strap w/Red Stitching"

Here is my favorite custom gator....
Wow!!! That's just stunning. You've taken an already nice looking watch (though red's not for me), and transformed it completely. That's a really beautiful look!!! Just wanted to comment. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Black with red stitching looks good to me. Heres my M29 with a homemade strap by me. Its beginning to be my favorite watch. It was made out of a belt I bought at a second hand store for 1.49.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Black with red stitching looks good to me. Heres my M29 with a homemade strap by me. Its beginning to be my favorite watch. It was made out of a belt I bought at a second hand store for 1.49.

Very nice job on the strap and looks FANTASTIC on that M27! :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks!! I hate the way Tapatalk reduces the picture size, I'll upload them to photobucket tonight and repost.

This ones actually an M29 btw.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Watchfan, could you please PM me where you got that custom gator strap? I love it.
Sorry, wish I could, however per forum rules it's not allowed.
Huh? I'm just a little (OK, a lot) confused when I read this answer. I don't mean to intrude. This is none of my business but, I'm just looking for clarification. I well understand the reasons for certain other sites & resources NOT being posted publicly... but isn't this whole point of a Private Message? To be able to communicate certain things privately? I tried to find which forum rules or FAQ's disallow this type of PM'ing as you say... but I just couldn't locate that info. So, with all due respect, maybe you could point me to it.

I realize, I'm a new guy here (heck, I didn't even introduce myself properly, anywhere on this board) ...and I don't want to make waves... and I see you're very much the veteran enthusiast so don't take my question as a challenge. I'm not about that... but I am an older guy, who's posted in dozens of forums for a whole lot of years, and I've never come across anything like this.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with RobE, but I think it's because he is a moderator, no favoritism is allowed from them.
What is to stop me from PMing another member, who would ever know?

·
Registered
15,309 Posts
I agree with RobE, but I think it's because he is a moderator, no favoritism is allowed from them.
Has nothing to do with favoritism.....In the retrospect, I my answer should have been more
detailed. Instead "Sorry, wish I could, however per forum rules it's not allowed ." I should
have clarified:
"Sorry, wish I could, however per forum rules it's not allowed since it was not purchased
from the forum sponsor."

Those are simply the rules set by the owner of the forum that need to be followed by all members
and moderators equally. Please read:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/faqs-guidelines-rules/22.htm

"Non-WTF Sponsors are prohibited from promoting their products or web site. If you are a dealer, manufacturer, vendor, or other commercial entity, you must become a WTF Forum Sponsor through banner advertising in order to post in the Sales Forum, or make mention of your products/services in your posts or signatures. Similarly, members should not post about, link to, or promote retail commercial entities (i.e. dealers) who are not a banner advertiser on WATCH TALK FORUMS (publicly or in PM). Our sponsors "keep the lights on" so we need to promote them whenever possible, and not their competition who do not support WTF."

What is to stop me from PMing another member, who would ever know?
Please note that PMs are also subject to monitoring by forum owner if and when necessary.
That is not to say that the PMs 'are' being monitored regularly, but they could be if there
is a reason to believe that members would try to bypass the rules.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Milos, I understand the logic, and agree with the approach in relation to large traders who are not sponsors. But surely it is slightly ridiculous not to be able to pass on an artisan's name in a PM, especially when she has been mentioned previously by you in posts. I think that is just taking "the rules" to an extreme, and makes us look somewhat closed and unhelpful. Just my 2¢.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts