WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anyone else offended by the behavior of the host?

He wears a Renato watch on air rather then one of the Philip watches he claims to own, calls Paul Woods his "dancing monkey" and more oddball behavior.

It should not surprise me though. At one time this person claimed to be over
6 foot tall on another forum but his my space page claims 5'10.

It appears to me that some people just do not know how to handle that so called "fame" at times.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not really offensive, they compliment each other's sense of humor as wierd as it may be.

As far as the watch he was wearing I don't believe it is a requirement that any of the hosts have to wear the same brand as whats being shown in that airing. After all they still have wrist shots of the advertised pieces.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
I may browse the sites online from time to time but I never stay up that late and much prefer football on a Sunday afternoon (or other things)to viewing watch shows these days.
I am cured!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I enjoyed it Koi! Looked like two guys having fun to me. Jim even did a bit about how he hates stuck up celebs and how he's no different than a guy standing behind a counter selling watches. So I'm not sure what you mean when he can't handle "fame". Watch Daddy and Jim are entertaining and seem to love watches. The perfect combo if you are on tv selling watches.

·
Banned
927 Posts
I really don't care one way or the other, but Marketing 101 would tell me to wear what I'm selling.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I've never seen a watch show.

I have at least two shopping channels, neither of which is ShopNBC, I don't think.

They're blocked anyway.

I hate commercials and especially really, really long ones.

You've never seen a mute button pushed so fast as when I hear those dreaded words:

"Billy Mays here!"

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think Jim and Paul work well off of each other. And to be honest I am a grown man and the Adult humor does not bother me in the least. They both give an excellent presentation on the watches and the show is fact filled as well. As far as what watch either host is wearing who cares? I don't if a watch I see calls me I grab it. Both Paul and Jim are young and speak that way. They have the humor that match them. I think for some viewers there is a generation gap hence the failure to understand. Not a dig but some prefer David mermelstien(sp) and his humor (if it can be called that) some like myself who fit right in the age group find the on air personalities hilarious. believe me Jim and Paul are a far cry from ex. Family Guy which IMO is waaayyy worse on all levels.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
This IS a joke right? I find it hard to believe there is a thread made to discuss whether or not Jim Skelton has lied about his HEIGHT. I don't ride in the front of the Jim Skelton fan bus, but this is a pretty backhanded insult. My opinion of course. Is'nt he a member here? Maybe he can clarify how tall he is in feet and inches.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think it just looked that way. Jim always has new sneak peek watches. Something that no other watch show I have seen do. BTW this is really a strange thread commenting on how tall Jim really is. I mean c'mon have we deevolved that much on this forum? You can go to any show and Jims wrist shots regardless of what watch he is wearing show up. For pete's sake he is showing watches with his hands. You all know the song the wrist bone connected to Hand bones!! (BTW 5'10 vs. 6' WOW a huge difference) I'm 6'3" but I won't quibble if someone says I'm 6'5"

·
Banned
927 Posts
I think sneak peeks are fine, but I also think if I was hawking Philip watches, I'd wear one. If I was working at Jos. A. Banks selling suits, I'd not wear a suit to work that came from the Men's Warehouse, or if I was selling PaperMate pens, I would not write up the orders with a Bic pen, especially in front of a customer.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I enjoyed it Koi! Looked like two guys having fun to me. Jim even did a bit about how he hates stuck up celebs and how he's no different than a guy standing behind a counter selling watches. So I'm not sure what you mean when he can't handle "fame". Watch Daddy and Jim are entertaining and seem to love watches. The perfect combo if you are on tv selling watches.

The host has in the past been very helpful to the WIS community but with that caveat, he has also attacked members when they have had hard questions or made comments that he did not agree with.

Also:

BIG things are-a-brewin' my friends! After the incredible success of the Invicta Dragon design (sold out in less than 5 minutes)

Not True. It did not sell out in 5 minutes and in fact there were several left at the end of the show.

As to being called a "dancing Monkey" Paul Woods looked as if he had been smacked across the face and was silent for a moment. The host I suspect realized that he had gone too far.

·
Registered
981 Posts
As much as I hope every word anyone speaks is the truth it ain't gonna happen(WMD's) However once again I will say this it's a watch show. They sell watches. It's what they do and apparently they do it well. I won't get hung up on minor things such as a host making a statement on live air. You can't take it back but the show must go on. Jim has always come back and corrected mis-statements if needed, as well as erroneous facts, and print from that show. IMO "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
To each his own.
To thine own self be true.
One mans meat is another mans poisin
Chacon a son gout.
I'm rubber and you're glue
Does it really matter.
I don't bother watching any more and its just as easy to browse on line than to sit there and get aggrevated (which I USED to do and some still do)
Take the cure,like I did!!
It's quick and effective!!
You'll not only buy as many or more watches but you'll be happier!!:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The host has in the past been very helpful to the WIS community but with that caveat, he has also attacked members when they have had hard questions or made comments that he did not agree with.

Also:

BIG things are-a-brewin' my friends! After the incredible success of the Invicta Dragon design (sold out in less than 5 minutes)

Not True. It did not sell out in 5 minutes and in fact there were several left at the end of the show.

As to being called a "dancing Monkey" Paul Woods looked as if he had been smacked across the face and was silent for a moment. The host I suspect realized that he had gone too far.

Attacked or disagreed?
Jim's a great guy and he has every right to defend himself on a forum. If someone feels they were attacked, oh well. That's life in the big city. We all have a right to defend ourselves. And why would Watch Daddy be upset about being called a name? They do it to one another all the time.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Attacked or disagreed?
Jim's a great guy and he has every right to defend himself on a forum. If someone feels they were attacked, oh well. That's life in the big city. We all have a right to defend ourselves. And why would Watch Daddy be upset about being called a name? They do it to one another all the time.
Good sentiments Mark. However, this thread was obviously posted with nefarious intent.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good sentiments Mark. However, this thread was obviously posted with nefarious intent.

Really? I was quite offended by the remarks made. Perhaps if you remember a monkey is a term used to describe a group of people of a certain skin color and dancing monkey refers to a member of that group performing for thier master. I find comments like that to be bigoted and to be less then useful in our society.

As to Marks remarks about responding to questions and defending themselves,

JS has been attacked in the past and in particular at another forum. While a member of that forum I and others defended him. But recently when questioned about SHP*** issues and other related issues he has jumped on forum members here and there. There is a big difference between defending yourself and coming out with the attitude ( why should you question me etc, All I have done for you!)?

That is what I mean. Sorry but regardelss of anything else, he is the host of a informerial on TV.And although I enjoy watching him at times, more often then not lately, I have just changed channels. Perhaps getting caught up in the hype in the price you pay.

"obviously posted with nefarious intent"

If I wanted to have done that I certainly could have thought of a better subject, like Renato is made in a sweat shop in LA or something to that effect. Remember, I own several Philip watches so I obviously like Paul Woods and his CS and the product he fronts.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As much as I hope every word anyone speaks is the truth it ain't gonna happen(WMD's) However once again I will say this it's a watch show. They sell watches. It's what they do and apparently they do it well. I won't get hung up on minor things such as a host making a statement on live air. You can't take it back but the show must go on. Jim has always come back and corrected mis-statements if needed, as well as erroneous facts, and print from that show. IMO "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I have posted several times in the past that JS has corrected Eyal and others when they have mislead or crossed the line. I also will take him to task when he IMO crosses the line. My kids watch his shows so I have another motive there as well. Paul Woods along with Marianne are my two favorite vendors there and they get along well with the hosts but even a host can cross the line. That was my point.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Really? I was quite offended by the remarks made. Perhaps if you remember a monkey is a term used to describe a group of people of a certain skin color and dancing monkey refers to a member of that group performing for thier master. I find comments like that to be bigoted and to be less then useful in our society.

This is not a term to describe a group of people of a certain skin color. This is an insult to this group. Also performing for their master? This is not the 1500's or even the 1960's. Your right that it is not useful in our society when referring to these people. But I think you have taken this joke out of context. No one who watched that show would have even thought that Jim meant it in that way IMO. Believe you me and I am speaking with great authority on this subject.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts