WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice to be riding this bike.... Back in June the drive belt had deteriorated
..teeth missing or about ready to get torn off..
cant ride with ruined belt, felt like motor had blown ...so time to install new belt, pulley had worn causing belt to wear, discontinued pulley, but I found a place in Arizona to rework the pulley, here I am disassembling

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rework cost to pulley = $734.00
...pulley arrived back to me in Ohio with new teeth , shown here with new belt
...have to remove inner and outer primary case and entire clutch assembly, and exhaust and remove swing arm pivot bolt to wiggle new belt in place
... I like doing this sort of thing though, let's me polish everything back to show quality - like for instance my rear brake caliper ...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New belt installed ....
....reassembling, I covered all bright work with blue tape to prevent scuffs.... I spent over $1,100.00 in parts with this repair and close to five weeks down time due to waiting on parts, saved a lil over $500 in labor by doing the work myself....I've logged over 1,300.0 miles since that repair

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You!!! And I agree, riding is more fun than wrenching, trouble is that once ya get "known" for being able to work on bikes people want help... Got a guy right now offering $$$ to have me help him repair something with one of his bikes

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Canon T3i, EF55-250is f4.5.....really really want the canon 70-200 f2.8 lens, I also post lots of pictures from my Canon SX120 point and shoot and even some from the iPhones camera......if it was up to me I'd already have the 70-200, wife will be agitated if I get this lens due to its cost. My motorcycle hobby is expensive already - then the triplets, marching band fees, just learned last night triplet #1 wants private lessons to become a better player. ... $$$$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.