WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOW!!! Didn't even wait for the season to end.... :confused1:

Pertino quit his Atlanta Falcons head coaching job Tuesday to go back to the college ranks, where he'll coach Arkansas...

Well I say good ridance - couldn't even wait for the end of the season to bail out. Yea, he's got what it takes to be a NFL head coach... :mad:

Oh well.. Maybe they'll do a 'Fan Coach the Team for a Week' promo & let a fan coach the team for each of the remaining weeks. It's not like they could lose any worse....

So, how long 'til training camp opens up????

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
'Dear Santa...

I've been a very good boy this year. Could I please ask you give my gifts to the Falcons as they surely need some good cheer & help. I ask you please give them Bill Cower, Mike Singletary or Marty Schottenheimer for Chrsitmas. Or if they aren't available ANY coach that has proven at the NFL level. PLEASE - NO MORE COLLEGE COACHES!

Oh, and if you really feel the need to give me a present (after all, I've been a very good boy) a nice watch would be fantastic!'

·
Registered
885 Posts
'Dear Santa...

I've been a very good boy this year. Could I please ask you give my gifts to the Falcons as they surely need some good cheer & help. I ask you please give them Bill Cower for Chrsitmas...

Oh, and if you really feel the need to give me a present (after all, I've been a very good boy) a nice watch would be fantastic!'
Cowher is a great coach, but I seriously doubt that he will get involved in that mess in Atlanta. Half the team are Mike Vick apologists and are caught up in the past. There needs to be some serious house cleaning in Atlanta before any real coach will take a look at the job. JMHO

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I agree Cower's going to be a long shot. He doesn'ts want to coach until '09 when his daughters out of school. BUT - Blank has a big checkbook, and isn't afraid to hand over controls if he thinks it's deserved - a big plus for many head coaches. If they get the right coach, I believe Blank would allow the coach to do the cleaning, builing 'his' team vs. taking what he gets if the Falcons cleaned it first. Hummm, I just wonder if Cower is vocal enough to speak up to the players he thinks needs to shape up or ship out? :wink: :scared: :scared: :lol:

So, who do you guys think are the candidates for the year? Here's who I've heard / read so far:

Cower
Singleton
Schottenheimer
Andy Reid
Steve Mariucci

One I heard & can't believe it's being thrown around again (it'll never happen) is Mora :glare: :confused1:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I like Scottenheimer. I believe he has what it takes to clean up the mess. He has a poor reputation for losing early in the playoffs, but that would be quite a step in the right direction for the Falcons.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Schottenheimer or Parcells would be a good fit IMHO. BTW, I am surprised he quit mid-season. Most wait until the end of the year.
I'm not 100% sure on Parcells. On one side he's a great coach & would whip them into shapre or get rid of them. On the other side though, I wonder if he's got coach-burn out...

As to the quiting mid-season (or 3/4 season), I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse. But I got to believe Arkansas would have waited 3 stinking weeks... he's preached here following thru & playing like it's all on the line until the seasons over. I guess its do as I say, not as I do with him...

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's moving up in the world...
well there isn't anywhere to go but up for Atlanta!! Well, OK - I guess they could end up where Miami is... :sleep:

But I still say "good ridance & don't let the door hit you in the.. um.. rump.. "

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on Parcells. On one side he's a great coach & would whip them into shapre or get rid of them. On the other side though, I wonder if he's got coach-burn out...

As to the quiting mid-season (or 3/4 season), I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse. But I got to believe Arkansas would have waited 3 stinking weeks... he's preached here following thru & playing like it's all on the line until the seasons over. I guess its do as I say, not as I do with him...
IF he would have waited he would have missed out on all the college recruiting. He needed to jump when he did. Let's see how long he stays there :sneaky2:

And don't forget to put Jason Garrett (Dallas OC) on the short list :thumbup1:

Budman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts