WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots will go 19-0 and take it all.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • New York Giants will show how wild a wild card can be.

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Well, I have to go with the Patriots.

New York played a very good game given the conditions, but they handed the game to the Packers several times. If I heard the announcers correctly the field goal kicker had never kicked a field goal longer than 39 yards this year.

Still, I'm not surprised that NY won and I'm very proud for the Manning family.

The Patriots are a very powerful team with very few faults. They always seem to put the pressure on whenever it's needed.

They didn't exactly run over the Chargers, but in my judgement, the Patriots showed more control than San Diego did.

I picked the Packers to win because I felt the home team advantage and Manning's youth would give Favre the opportunity to roll right over NY.

I began to question that last night when I read an article in which a sports writer said that there was no way that Manning could get prepared for the conditions at Lambeau field.

I alway get nervous when the experts say that something can't be done.

If Manning can lead NY to a victory over the Patriots, he will have shown more improvement over the span of a playoff season than any player in history.

He could do it, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on New England.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pats, hands down.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
OK, I'm almost a life-long Giants-hater. I was a major 49er fan in the 80's (and still am today right behind my local team), so that should say enough of a reason why I don't like them... :wink:

So take that into consideration when I say -

GO GIANTS!!

Can you tell I'm not a Pat's fan? :mellow:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pats are currently a 14 point favorite, which is nuts. Although I do beleive the Pats will win, and I am a Pats fan BTW, I have to say 2 TDs is a bit much. The Pats have NOT covered the spread in their last 3 games, and the Giants have come the closest to defeating the Pats scoring a whopping 35 points against them. This game should be much closer.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I'll say it'll be Giants over Pats, 51-6.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

(hey, I can dream can't I...... :laugh: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts