WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Forty-nine dollars for standing room only and that doesn't include the hassle of getting to the stadium, parking, standing in line for the restrooms, [hyperbole] ten dollar hot dogs and twenty dollar beers [/hyperbole] and the inevitable traffic jam when the game is over.

No, thanks.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I love my season tickets.. Would have a very hard time parting with them. Love the game day festivities around the stadium too. Always a great day long event. But that price structure seriously push me to quit..

A 100%+ price increase in less than 5 years.. That's completely unacceptable IMO. I pay less for my sideline seats than a Pats fan pays for a upper level corner seat. Unbelievable.

For those prices I'd have expected them to win the Super-Bowl too. I guess Pats fans should be glad they lost the SB. Otherwise what would the prices have been?

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a season ticket holder, and we are considering these two options:

- Giving them up all together. To expensive and not worth the $$$. BTW, Parking is between $40 & $50 a game.

- Keeping them, and reselling half of them through the Pats Ticket reseller program.

Still TBD. But the high prices are to much, and I just can no longer justify the cost. Sports is getting to the point that only corporations can afford them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They probably lost ridiculous amounts of money upon losing the Superbowl to my favorite team, I am a New Yorker, GIANTS!

Money spent on fan based merchandise was probably too much, and so ticket prices will go up.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I am a season ticket holder, and we are considering these two options:

- Giving them up all together. To expensive and not worth the $$$. BTW, Parking is between $40 & $50 a game.

- Keeping them, and reselling half of them through the Pats Ticket reseller program.

Still TBD. But the high prices are to much, and I just can no longer justify the cost. Sports is getting to the point that only corporations can afford them.

$40-50 for parking?!?!? Geez, I park directly across from the stadium - the closest I can get - and it's $20 a game.. Wow.. That is outrageous!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Somebody has to pay for Patriot Place.

http://www.patriot-place.com/
Interesting.. Hadn't seen that. I know SF was trying to do a similar concept years ago, but couldn't come to agreements with the city nor the fed government (I believe the land would have required some toxic clean-up from previous tenants).

BUT, don't ask your fans to pay for a retail space - unless they shop there. The team ticket prices shouldn't subsidize the retail / entertainment space. If the stores, attractions & landlord can't make it off retail or service sales, they shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Plenty of free parking around Qualcomm, but ticket prices are high, although nowhere as close to those astronomical prices in that article.

That's really tough, TF. I hope the fans organize a boycott.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They probably lost ridiculous amounts of money upon losing the Superbowl to my favorite team, I am a New Yorker, GIANTS!

Money spent on fan based merchandise was probably too much, and so ticket prices will go up.
Sparks:

Congrats to your Giants. Your team played a great game, and had an amazing defensive game. Enjoy the rest of the year as SB Champs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts