WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Patek Philippe Watch Real or fake

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Todd222 
#1 ·
hello this is my first post so im sorry if its in the wrong section anyway about 7-8 years ago I was walking along a brook local to me and I found this watch on some of the cobbles at the side of the brook so I picked it up and forgot about it recently I was cleaning i came across it again so i through i would see what someone with for knowledge of watches could tell me about it

on the front it has the writing Patek Philippe geneve

on the back it has the writing patek philippe no 45 swiss made and looking at the back of the watch i can see what looks like a red gem also the watch feels quite heavy

im no expert on watches so im asking is this a genuine watch?

have i given you enough information to tell me if it genuine if not please ask me what to look for and i will try my best to answer

thanks for your help in advance gareth

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Agreed. Along with the crude appearance of the movement's finish, another dead giveaway is the laser etching on the back of the case...something Patek Philippe never does. P-P uses skilled craftsmen who exclusively hand-engrave the lettering. That's just one of the many reasons why genuine P-P's are so expensive...quality, quality, quality!

That watch you found will make a nice sinker on the end of someone's fishing line, or a target on the 50-yard shooting range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.