WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,490 Posts
Seriously? THAT ??
  • One of the sub-dials doesn't even have a hand
  • Nobody at the PP manufacture would dare use a cheesy font like that and stamp the exhibition case back, as opposed to hand-engraving it.
  • Patek Philippe doesn't even make a jumping hand chronograph.
  • Not only is the movement made out of cheap stamped steel parts, it's not even signed!
And for your information, (1) the name is NOT pstek philippe... (2) they're proper nouns which should be capitalized, and (3) it's NOT an automatic watch, it's a manual-wind watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seriously? THAT piece of crap ??
  • Nobody at the PP manufacture would dare use a cheesy font like that and stamp the exhibition case back, as opposed to hand-engraving it.
  • Not only is the movement made out of cheap stamped steel parts, it's not even signed!
And for your information, (1) the name is NOT pstek philippe... (2) they're proper nouns which should be capitalized, and (3) it's NOT an automatic watch, it's a manual-wind watch.
People come here for information...not to be insulted and admonished by the likes of you. Stop the bully bullshit!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree with Hammer66. This is uncalled for. If I were a visitor to this forum and got a reply like that, I'd never come back.

As to the watch . . . it has had a tough life. Look at the back - there are some missing screws, some plain screws and some blued screws. Some of them show burrs on the slots from somebody using the wrong size screwdriver. As to one of the sub-dials not having a hand, I have a known genuine ETA movement out of a Bretiling also missing a hand, watch abuse doesn't discriminate.

I think I recognize the back cover. A number of places on eBay sell case parts, and I think I've seen that rear cover on the Otto Frei site as well.

I don't recognize the movement, but I'm not an expert on chronographs. You may be able to ID it on the German site (I forget the name, something about "pink pages") which has photos and specifications for everything you can imagine and then some.

As to genuine or not, it isn't likely that anyone who had one of these would treat it so casually or get rid of it carelessly. That said, I once got a working 214 Accutron out of the 25 cent bin at a local thrift store, and an 1878 Illinois series 1 size 18 pocket watch for not much more at another similar place.

Best Regards, and stay curious - ask questions! That's how we learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with Hammer66. This is uncalled for. If I were a visitor to this forum and got a reply like that, I'd never come back.

As to the watch . . . it has had a tough life. Look at the back - there are some missing screws, some plain screws and some blued screws. Some of them show burrs on the slots from somebody using the wrong size screwdriver. As to one of the sub-dials not having a hand, I have a known genuine ETA movement out of a Bretiling also missing a hand, watch abuse doesn't discriminate.

I think I recognize the back cover. A number of places on eBay sell case parts, and I think I've seen that rear cover on the Otto Frei site as well.

I don't recognize the movement, but I'm not an expert on chronographs. You may be able to ID it on the German site (I forget the name, something about "pink pages") which has photos and specifications for everything you can imagine and then some.

As to genuine or not, it isn't likely that anyone who had one of these would treat it so casually or get rid of it carelessly. That said, I once got a working 214 Accutron out of the 25 cent bin at a local thrift store, and an 1878 Illinois series 1 size 18 pocket watch for not much more at another similar place.

Best Regards, and stay curious - ask questions! That's how we learn.
thank you sir, you helped me alot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously? THAT ??
are u serious? i asked for help not for rude comments wtf!! proper nouns!? so pathetic and disgusting

·
Super Moderator
4,611 Posts
I've only been a member here for a few years and a moderator for a few months, but it never ceases to amaze me that people will come to a watch forum, post a couple small pictures of a watch that are usually poorly lit and too small to show any meaningful detail, and expect someone to tell them if the watch they have is really something that might be worth tens of thousands of dollars. Sorry to see you think you have been treated poorly but honesty however it is delivered can sometimes be painful. And if this were a genuine Patek Philippe, there's a very good chance the original owner would be dead in a ditch near the spot where he was hit by the truck that left his watch in the deplorable condition you see. You might want to check the Patek Philippe web site to see it you can find a watch that looks remotely similar to what you show in your pictures. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts