WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Ill make my long story short. Few days ago I was going through my grandfather old staff (he was a General in WW II) and I found this Patek Philippe watch.
Can anybody tell me something about this watch and collection. I tried to search the net for it but nothing came up. If anybody know something about this please comment.Thank you. Watch Analog watch Product Watch accessory Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Finger Font Material property Thumb Nail
Personal protective equipment Circle Metal Audio equipment Fashion accessory
Watch Musical instrument Wood Clock String instrument

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really do not know much about watches and I wanted to know something about it. At home nobody know anything about it. My passed grandfather owned and the last 15 years sits in our basement. Is it possible that there were creating fakes back then? What does mean Pierre Nicol in the left circle?Thank you

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
If you Google Pierre Nicol, you'll discover he's a costume jewelery "designer".
Every PatekP I can find has the moon dial on the bottom, rather than all across the top, and those 2 small dials inside the main dial would be for either calendar markers or for chronograph dials (hence the two push-buttons on the side). I'd wager those don't even push in.

Ouch!

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
Honestly I don't know, and not even sure that info is available, except through the FBI or local law enforcement agencies.
But that watch does NOT look 70 years old! I looked at it again- I don't see any signs of aging (what we call 'patina') on the dial...
it's just too new.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
When did they started producing fake patek philippes?
As long as people have desired to look more important than they really are.... meaning as long as real Pateks were sought after. No joking, if I had a dollar for every thread I've seen asking "Is this Patek Philippe real?" and it turns out to be a bad fake I'd probably own a Patek Philippe myself. It's a 99.9% surety that a first time poster asking about a Patek will have a counterfeit watch, and happens so often a Hall of Shame has been proposed so we can link all these threads from various places.

You'll get a kick out of this - there are articles about fake watches from the 50's and 60's, talking about how to avoid being scammed. Wish I could find the article.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Hello,
Ill make my long story short. Few days ago I was going through my grandfather old staff (he was a General in WW II) and I found this Patek Philippe watch.
Can anybody tell me something about this watch and collection. I tried to search the net for it but nothing came up. If anybody know something about this please comment.Thank you. View attachment 35858 View attachment 35859 View attachment 35860 View attachment 35861 View attachment 35862
First Welcome to the forums.
Sorry to also be the bearer of bad news, but I concur a fake. Surely never made by the great Patek Philippe - sorry

Anyway, if your Grandfather wore and liked it then its good to wear. Anyone who was a General or indeed fought in any war deserves all our respect

Best
Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.