WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I have a Patek Philippe 18k 1870s 3/4 half hunter which has been in the family from new. I have sent photos to various auction houses but one of them has said he thinks the movement may not be Patek Philippe. I have compared it with others of a similar age online and mine looks pretty much the same. There are no serial numbers or name on the movement, should there be? The ones I have seen with names and numbers are from specific outlets, like Tiffanies. I have also seen others that don't have names/numbers like mine. My watch is numbered and named in the case only.
Any advice?
Many thanks
Joullah
Brown Gauge Clock Measuring instrument Wood
Watch Clock Gold Watch accessory Metal
Brown Gauge Clock Measuring instrument Wood
Watch Analog watch Clock Wood Measuring instrument
Amber Automotive lighting Gold Circle Metal
Body jewelry Amber Jewellery Medal Font

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
Although it looks like a Patek movement from that era, I dont have the expert knowledge to confirm if it is legit one way or the other. I'm going to suggest that you post these photos with your questions over on the NAWCC forum where there are a number of early Patek experts. Please come back and let us know what they have to say ?

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
Yes - contact Patek Philippe directly and ask THEM these questions!
My understanding is that Patek wont answer such questions without examining the watch and the cost of an authenticity extract from them is about $175 USD. I think the NAWCC is a better route to go right now and if they determine it to be authentic then it may be worth getting the authenticity certificate from Patek.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.