WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new member to your forum group and this is my 1st time at posting a responce. I live in the south west of England, and I am a great fan of Rolex watches.
I recently bought 2 new "M" series Rolex watches. The 1st was an 18ct DAYDATE and the 2nd is a S/S GMT Master 2.
My question is: Could anybody please tell me if both the watches are fitted with the Parachrom Hairspring? Or as I suspect only the GMT is.
Is it also correct that this new hairspring will improve the accuracy of the watch.
Also could anybody please tell me what the current most expensive Rolex watch is. Because an AD over here has sent me a photograph of a GMT-MASTER 2 "ICE" which was launched at the Baselworld 2007 for a antisipated UK retail price of £255,570 the model ref no. is 116769TBR 74779BR.
I look forward with interest to reading your replies. Cheers topcat30093

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Hi I am a new member to your forum group and this is my 1st time at posting a responce. I live in the south west of England, and I am a great fan of Rolex watches.
I recently bought 2 new "M" series Rolex watches. The 1st was an 18ct DAYDATE and the 2nd is a S/S GMT Master 2.
My question is: Could anybody please tell me if both the watches are fitted with the Parachrom Hairspring? Or as I suspect only the GMT is.
Is it also correct that this new hairspring will improve the accuracy of the watch.
Also could anybody please tell me what the current most expensive Rolex watch is. Because an AD over here has sent me a photograph of a GMT-MASTER 2 "ICE" which was launched at the Baselworld 2007 for a antisipated UK retail price of £255,570 the model ref no. is 116769TBR 74779BR.
I look forward with interest to reading your replies. Cheers topcat30093
Hi Topcat!

Welcome to WTF and the Rolex Forum. :thumbup1:

In answer to your question, the new Parachom spring is indeed only fitted to your GMT2. There are only a handful of watches which have this new feature in the Rolex catalog. I suspect (but do not know) that Rolex has quite a warchest of inventory of hair springs which they'll need to deplete before they begin converting over other models to the new spring.

I don't have a good answer to your question about the most expensive Rolex. Watch enthusiasts tend to shy away from the diamond and gem ecrusted watches which manufacturers like Rolex produce, so we don't discuss those much. I tend to look at them as limited production, and in some case "one off" production models...almost like custom variations and not true regular catalog offerings. The platinum presidential with the "ice blue" diamond dial is about the most expensive "regular production" model they made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts