WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for all your help---I am still looking at a Gallet 'doctors' watch but I am worried about paying a lot of money for something that just feels wrong. I have posted pictures. I guess I could more easily accept oxidation on the exterior of the case--I just have not seen it on the inside and I guess I am worried that the movement could be affected---can you reassure me or are my concerns in line? Thank you Brian (jodybeth) Dishware Tableware Plate Automotive lighting Serveware
Watch Analog watch Silver Natural material Clock

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Your photos are pretty small......
I can't see the movement well enough to tell if there appears to be any damage.
Oxidation (as pictured on the caseback) is common. Sweat collects between the case and caseback, which causes it.
This is a common occurance in older watches and nothing to be overly concerned about (assuming movement is in good shape).

Best.
T

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Movement looks pretty clean.
It is an "Excelsior Park" movement which is a high quality chrono movement I would think from the 50's/early 60's.
I am not well versed on the Excelsior Park, so cannot provide anything additional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.