WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have several Seiko watches and personally I had never had a reason to contact their CS department. That says volumes about the brand. However this year something came up that caused me to have to call them.

My wife lost her 1st husband several years ago. He had a Seiko watch that is not in production anymore. My father-in-law was very, very fond of Patrick and he also loves watches. My wife decided to give Dad Patrick's still working Seiko and this moved him a great deal. However, there was a problem. Patrick had a very small wrist and Dad did not. The missing links from the original sizing were long gone and were no where to be found.

The call went out to Seiko CS and THEY STILL HAD THE LINKS IN STOCK!
Better yet, they sent a set of 3 replacement links FREE! The only cost was S&H which was less than $10.

Now that is great CS!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:) Mr Bender,

I called them and got 3 free links also, they didn't even charge me for shipping:thumbup1: I've done this twice... thats customer service alright,
glad you got that for your father in law, nice thing to do.:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice story.

Poor "Customer Service" can be a deal breaker for me. That's why Seiko is still my favorite watch company. In fact, I just ordered one of these alarm/chronographs today...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:) Mr Bender,

I called them and got 3 free links also, they didn't even charge me for shipping:thumbup1: I've done this twice... thats customer service alright,
glad you got that for your father in law, nice thing to do.:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88
As you have probably noticed from the "cheese" board that I have also become a fan of Invicta. But, I have not doled out the cash for some of the very nice looking and I am sure greatly made higher end Invictas. I have found that for a few hundred bucks I can own several really nice looking Invicta's that always get comments when I wear them. And because I did not spend a great deal they are like a toaster. If one breaks, I will trash it and get another. I would love to invest in one of the nicer Invictas but the CS issue is what holds me back. With all the opinions we Invicta lovers have it seems we can all agree on one thing. The CS department leave much, much to be desired. For that reason if I am inclined to spend some "real" cash it ends up going to Seiko and Citizen. I have not had a problem with either of my Citizen watches however I have a close friend that is a jeweler but not a watch repairman. She runs Citizen in her store and she depends on CS to take care of anything that goes wrong since it is they that do her work for her. She swears by the service they render her and her customers.

If Invicta could bring their CS department half way to these other two, they would be a real watch maker to compete with and not a made for TV company. Don't get me wrong, I will be up late next week checking out the Sunday Run, I am just not going to drop $300 or more on a watch that I can not count on the CS department.

Last but not least, he is a heck of a guy and it was worth the little effort just to see him that happy!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a PHENOMENAL story. Glad to hear it. :001_smile:

You do get what you pay for and in this case Patrick did not even know how much his money was going to buy! But it did.

BTW, like what you did with your signature. I am a newbie but I may go back and look to see when I joined and change mine. Great Idea!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poor "Customer Service" can be a deal breaker for me. That's why Seiko is still my favorite watch company. In fact, I just ordered one of these alarm/chronographs today...
That is one awsome looking watch!:thumbup:
Sent you a PM!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts