WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these new Lum-Tec releases, I need to start metering my money or I'll go bankrupt.

Are there going to be future models that also use Cobalt Chrome?

* Cobalt Diver?
* Cobalt Dress Watch?
* Cobalt with a bracelet?

Cheers,
WnS

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
With all these new Lum-Tec releases, I need to start metering my money or I'll go bankrupt.

* Cobalt Diver?
* Cobalt Dress Watch?

Cheers,
WnS
I hope a cobalt bracelet becomes an option, down the road. MY guess is that it will, ultimately, if the sales of the watch go as predicted. I hope the bracelet is the same (or modeled after) the incredibly cool and functional 300M/Diver bracelets.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope a cobalt bracelet becomes an option, down the road. MY guess is that it will, ultimately, if the sales of the watch go as predicted. I hope the bracelet is the same (or modeled after) the incredibly cool and functional 300M/Diver bracelets.
+1 to that, but I was under the impression that the cobalt is considerably more expensive. It would be great to have it as an option though!

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
+1 to that, but I was under the impression that the cobalt is considerably more expensive. It would be great to have it as an option though!
I'm sure you're right about the expense ($$), but I'd have to have one, anyway. I'm a sucker for a gorgeous watch on a bracelet, and Chris has developed a true beauty with his latest diver bracelet; the look and adjustability is off-the-charts great.

Could be that the cobalt version would be too expensive to produce, say, 200 pieces of. I hope not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Could be that the cobalt version would be too expensive to produce, say, 200 pieces of. I hope not.
Agreed! It would make for one very rare watch and a great combination. If more cobalt models are introduced, it could help with the economies of scale - hopefully the cobalt series sells very well so there will be lots of interest. Sounds like the M66 at least is selling fast.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well if you compare pricing of the new M-Auto with the Cobalt you have a price difference of $170. I'm sure the new lume technology is accounting for some of this $170 but a sizeable amount will probably the cobalt material.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well if you compare pricing of the new M-Auto with the Cobalt you have a price difference of $170. I'm sure the new lume technology is accounting for some of this $170 but a sizeable amount will probably the cobalt material.
That price difference doesn't take into account the stainless steel bracelet that comes with the new M Autos. So in actuality, if we're comparing just cases to cases (SS v. cobalt chromium), the price difference should be even greater.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts

* Cobalt Diver?
* Cobalt Dress Watch?

Cheers,
WnS
Probably only a dress watch if anything. Its very hard to work with and has more manufacturing limits than stainless steel. For now, the bracelet is not possible.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's understandable, those limits might make it hard to make an external bezel diver. How about an internal bezel diver? You have one hole for the main crown and another for the bezel crown. Just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.