WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, in looking at the oris diver date, and i really like it, but i need your help first.

this is the model i like, black or blue

i love divers, and big watches, i need to see some pics, wrist shots and info.

owners experience, and info of the movt, and the size [the most important thing]

the lume is important to me too.

some pics compared to any invicta will help a lot

i never owned an oris, so please, tell me about the fit and finish of this watches. still they look solid to me,

thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
i never owned an oris, so please, tell me about the fit and finish of this watches.
I've had my Oris (a Williams F1) for about six months, and I absolutely love it. There are a few other Oris models I have my eye on...

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)

Mr Wilfreb,

I tried this very watch on several months ago. this is a very nice watch.
the fit and finish was very nice. the watch was larger than my Omega 2254 and the case is different than I have ever seen before. thats about all I have, the black, and blue are very attractive watches..

diver88:):)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when did this model came out?

is this model considered timeless?

i really hate when i buy a watch and the next year the desing is changed.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The Red on the Bezel does not indicate a design change. It is for the Titanium TT Diver that I know and the Black and Blue dial and bezel combinations are still current fort the SS versions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
:)

Mr Wilfreb,

I tried this very watch on several months ago. this is a very nice watch.
the fit and finish was very nice. the watch was larger than my Omega 2254 and the case is different than I have ever seen before. thats about all I have, the black, and blue are very attractive watches..

LARGER than your 2254? Wow... I haven't seen the Oris Diver in person, but it looks smaller in pictures. I have never, however, seen a photo of the two side by side.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got one!

Mine is the year or so previous, because it does not have waves on the dial. Lovely watch, fit and finish excellent, never had any issues with it. Understated yet bold and manly -- ain't no sissy watch. It is 44mm, but it wears smaller than that because the wide part of the watch is the base, not the bezel.

I also have a Jeanrichard bressel handwound at 43mm, a Glycine Airman D24 at 44mm, and I just snagged a Hammie X-Wind at 44mm, which I haven't yet received from the Ebay merchant. Despite this small collection, I seem to be wearing my Oris most.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:) well Mr Richy,

I happened to have my 2254 on when I stopped by the retailer
where I looked at this Oris Diver. the dial may be a similar size but
the case on the Oris seems considerably larger, I'm not sure of the exact size
but it seemed somewhat larger when compared to my Omega..

·
Registered
301 Posts
i never owned an oris, so please, tell me about the fit and finish of this watches. still they look solid to me
I always say that ORIS may be the best bang for your buck in a Swiss Mech watch ............ Great quality and styling for a wonderful price.:thumbup1:

The divers has a 44mm case but IMHO wears much smaller because of the taper of the case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have TT Regulator w/the black/red bezel insert. Is it possible for me to get an all black insert? I assume they are interchangeable. Does Oris sell parts?
Mike

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is it possible for me to get an all black insert? I assume they are interchangeable. Does Oris sell parts?
I think the ORIS service center is the only place that gets parts :blink:

I have saw it done before and looks great, though i believe the watch had been damaged and sent into the ORIS service center down under by Lisa at Friends of ORIS :sneaky2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Old post sorry i missed it, I too have the TT1 Diver

It's awesome, I love it. The titanium makes it SO much lighter than the SS, perfect every day watch for me and I agree ENGPHOTO it's the best bang for the buck. The finish is fantastic, the indicies and crystal spakle like jewls, and the LUME is brighter than my Rolex or Omega, I love this watch

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Great watch and a stunning photo there Mr Wantonebad.:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Old post sorry i missed it, I too have the TT1 Diver

It's awesome, I love it. The titanium makes it SO much lighter than the SS, perfect every day watch for me and I agree ENGPHOTO it's the best bang for the buck. The finish is fantastic, the indicies and crystal spakle like jewls, and the LUME is brighter than my Rolex or Omega, I love this watch
That picture shows why I love my TT1 Titanium so much. Nice shot!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like Oris and I love the TT1. My feeling about the fit and finish is that this company surprises you with what you get for your money. They switched from ETA to Sellita movements recently, which are also reliable. While I would not say Oris is the same quality as Breitling or Omega, I would also say it is very excellent for the money and most find them completely reliable. One strong quality of their watches is the styling--they have a flair for masculine design I think, although this obviously is a personal thing. The 44mm TT1 wears slightly "smaller than it sounds", so 44mm is a size that will fit most people well.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is there a possibility that i can see a pic of a oris tt1 and a seamaster to see the size difference? please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts