WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will this piece ever be available? I have had it on backorder since September. Anyone know if they are available? Or the reason why it is taking so long? (rumors of ETA parts availability).

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check your pm. I don't know if they have them in stock, but it doesn't hurt to call.

FWIW. I don't think they're really on backorder so much as they haven't yet been made. But, I don't know for sure.

If FOOF doesn't have them yet, then they are likely not out yet.

Try calling Worldlux too. Maybe they can give you some info.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I saw one of these at my AD here in the UK on Saturday.

It's a fantastic looking timepiece. Can't wait to see your pictures when it arrives.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When will this piece ever be available?

That's the great question right now ........ when will se see them again? No one is quite sure. I know lots of non Swatch Group members are asking the same questions. :confused1:

With the availably of ETA going away soon most manufacturers have went with other companies for their movement supply .... ORIS chose Sellita which had made movements for ETA in the past and makes a clone of many ETA engines now.

I think the demand has surpassed the manufacturing capabilities of the smaller companies and the backorders have now fell upon us :sad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just discovered this watch while reading the current issue of Men's Health. In the back section for spring style suggestions, they had a small piece on 3 watch fashion trends (skeletonized, orange accents, chocolate colored dials) and had $, $$, and $$$ examples. This Oris was the $$ suggestion for skeletonized (the Breguet Tradition was the $$$).

I've been looking for something either with a window or skeletonized and I actually really like the way this one is done. I'd never even considered the brand before.

Of course, this one showing up in a major magazine like that won't help with availablity. But at least it wasn't on Oprah's Favorite Things list, then we'd NEVER get one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I just ordered one. My local jeweler said he talked with the representative and they should have it in about 4 weeks. I'll let you guys know when I get it.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. This is easily one of my favorite skeleton watches. It was love at first sight when I came across a picture of it a month or so ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts