WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

My dream is to have all the watches in my collection sporting original bands. But then one of my other dreams is to dive every good dive spot in the WORLD!!!
So let's go Vega

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
nice spread Hairy....

gee that just won't ever sound right.

nice watches. the RR's are a particular fancy?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love that Atlantis

I think the only origional band I have is on the Atlantis and maybe the savitar 2,

RR50
CLEARVIEW
RR52
ATLANTIS
TITAN
SAVITAR 2
TARUS
NAUTILUS 400
You might "only" have those straps, but you have two black faced watches, the Clearview and Atlantis that are eluding me constantly..... You go boyo

·
Registered
50 Posts

I have been informed that the other Odyssee has the incorrect band. Aaaaaaaaaaagh"!!!!!! Thanks for the correction, and sorry to the forum.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
August 2011 Bracelet Of The Month

WGF Savitar II with a release date of January 20 1965

Here a photo of the last electric box to come out in 1967 according to Rene these came in either
Blue or red & the pillow was made of a soft foam that would self-destruct over the years.
I was very nervous while taking this shot: :eek:hmy: Enjoy

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
RR Special 51 is the bracelet of the month for September 2011 As pictured on pages 188 & 189 of The Watch Of The Furture this watch also had a release date of September 7 1962. Bracelet is a two tone brick style links with center expansion, this bracelet was also used on the 1962 Sea-guard. Enjoy

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
How's this one? It's a JB Champion but I did have to trim the little wings off the ends to get it to fit between the lugs.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
How's this one? It's a JB Champion but I did have to trim the little wings off the ends to get it to fit between the lugs.

Close, but I'd bet the Lindsay used a Kreisler. Take a look at the last top-shell in the catalog illustration: it's longer, and the band appears to taper....?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

The bars on this bracelet should be flat & if you look closley at the photo it missing the small blocks that run along the side

I Agree with Scott it should be a Kreisler

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Man, these bracelets just keep kicking my butt.:blink:

Hamilton should have used catalog photos like every other company in the world instead of pencil sketches. This one stays like this for now because I'm tapped out and saving for another project. I'll take up the bracelet battle another day.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Close, but I'd bet the Lindsay used a Kreisler. Take a look at the last top-shell in the catalog illustration: it's longer, and the band appears to taper....?
That is, in fact, the correct bracelet for a Lord Elgin Stratford:

I had thought, being an Elgin, that the Stratford's bracelet would be a Hadley, but after seeing one with original bracelet on a Swamp listing, and blowing up a shot of the back side of the bracelet, it's a JB Champion. Note also in the advert, it doesn't say 'Hadley Bracelet', which it usually does in Elgin ads.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That is, in fact, the correct bracelet for a Lord Elgin Stratford:

I had thought, being an Elgin, that the Stratford's bracelet would be a Hadley, but after seeing one with original bracelet on a Swamp listing, and blowing up a shot of the back side of the bracelet, it's a JB Champion. Note also in the advert, it doesn't say 'Hadley Bracelet', which it usually does in Elgin ads.

Funny ad text: "...massively masculine end pieces..."
Those look like 2 very different bracelets to me.
Also, I'd still bet the original for the Elgin was a Hadley.
I'll see if I can dig anything up.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That's what I thought, too, Scott. However...

Here's a link to the 1953 Christmas ad. Note that of the 6 watches that have bracelets, 4 specify 'Hadley Bracelet'.

I just checked the 2 Stratfords on The Swamp right now (320789171542 and 220897624163), and on both, the bracelet is a Champion (one listing says 'Speidel', but the 'JB' triangle logo is right there on the second link).

Also, there's one of the bracelets up for sale from another vendor, and it's a Champion.

That's pretty strong evidence I think. Like you, I'd have expected it to be a Hadley, but as I think about it, I remember that Elgin bought Wadworth Watch Case Company back in 1950, and while MOST post-1950 Elgins come in Wadsworth cases, quite a few come in others - Schwab and Wuischpard, Queens, Star, and others. So they didn't stay exclusively in-house. Indeed, the Stratford case is stamped D&A (DiVincenzo & Arienti), so it also is not in-house.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts