WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put these pictures into the master thread

Maybe Dave can consider putting these photographs of watches with their original bands into the master thread....

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Maybe Dave can consider putting these photographs of watches with their original bands into the master thread....
I generally put them into the Master Photo Thread as new photos show up. Sometimes I need a gentle reminder of which ones still need to be added. It's getting to the point where it's hard to remember what is in there and what still needs to go there.

The photos with original bracelets or bands are marked with an asterisk that shows up at the bottom right side of the photo.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That's a replacement bracelet with the center expanding section and is just like the one on my II. Ultrasonic cleaning will not harm it. If you prefer an original like Jim was talking about, I'd buy this one from you.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a replacement bracelet with the center expanding section and is just like the one on my II. Ultrasonic cleaning will not harm it. If you prefer an original like Jim was talking about, I'd buy this one from you.
Are we certain that the watch was not supplied with a center-expansion?
:confused1:

·
Banned
285 Posts
i'm keen to restore the watch and bracelet- kind of a new hobby on top of my 100 other hobbies :tongue_smilie:
I'm still like to get the 'original' that is supposed to have the clasp. where to get? I've been bitten by the vintage /deco bug it seems. poor me :crying:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
so it seems i pulled the trigger on a broken Converta IV with a 'franken- bracelet'. Should i force a discount from the seller ? I still like the look but obviously want the whole correct bracelet. Does anyone know where I can locate the correct clasp? and how do i clean the bracelet- ultrasonic cleaner?
Vintage Hamilton Electric Watch Mens "Works" W/Band - eBay (item 260808054409 end time Jun-30-11 08:06:49 PDT)

Hello Zephyrnoid I was the under bidder & You did not purchase a Franken bracelet that bracelet is correct for the Converta I, II & III & should have the scissor center section. What collector don't know is Hamilton had two styles bracelet for the Converta A two tone like yours & the all Stainless like mine which was only used on the Converta IV.

OH & if you still want to sell the bracelet I will offer you a dollar more than Tom:001_tt2:

·
Banned
285 Posts
Hello Zephyrnoid I was the under bidder & You did not purchase a Franken bracelet that bracelet is correct for the Converta I, II & III & should have the scissor center section. What collector don't know is Hamilton had two styles bracelet for the Converta A two tone like yours & the all Stainless like mine which was only used on the Converta IV.

OH & if you still want to sell the bracelet I will offer you a dollar more than Tom:001_tt2:
OK. So I have purchased a Converta I, II & III bracelet on a Converta IV watch. so i guess I ought to hunt down a Converta II or III, then I'd have the beginnings of a 'family' lol.

I feel humbled that you Hamilton SME's were fellow bidders on this watch:thumbup1:. I assure you that I deserve to own, restore and appreciate it and with time, I'll serve the forum and prove my mettle to you guys.
I certainly appreciate the unequivocal clarification ( not always a sure thing on the WTF) with respect to the lineage of the the Converta IV. I have had some recent experience cleaning the expanding Spiedel's but obviously, the more tips the merrier- perhaps in a dedicated thread?
I will try hard to not to have wet dreams thinking of your respective Hamilton collections– as I am a small-time watch wearer. Just as a point of reference, I buy some vintage accouterments on the evilbay, so as to 'prop' and style photoshoots in support of a magazine that I publish. No interest in competing with you guys at all.
Since i beat you out, I'd be happy to share some of my ebay bidding tricks if you wish to learn them. ebay has been a client and is now a 'project' in and of itself for other reasons.

Sorry to ramble and it looks Like I'll have my work cut out for me repairing the movement/dial itself.
Cheers,
Zeph

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
OK. So I have purchased a Converta I, II & III bracelet on a Converta IV watch. so i guess I ought to hunt down a Converta II or III, then I'd have the beginnings of a 'family' lol.

Zeph Your watch is 100% correct you either have the 2,or 3 the bracelet does not determin the model the dial & bezel does the converta came in 4 configuration Converta I has a 18KT bezel the Converta II has a 14KT bezel the Converta III has a 10KT gold filled Bezel & last the Converta IV was all Stainless Steel you can check your bezel it is stamper between the lugs

61 - 80 of 135 Posts