Registered
1,203 Posts
Love that Whitman, congrats!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Converta IV Bracelet

I’ve decided to high light the Converta IV bracelet this month because it has unique feature found on this band. Most Hamilton bracelets up to the late 60’s came with what we called an expansion/scissor type center & around the late 60’s Hamilton started to use the deployment style claps which unsnaps & folds out in three sections. To open the Gemex band you have to squeeze the two pins at the end of the bracelet to release it and the bar slides out releasing the folding claps. Then to close the bracelet one folds over the claps and slide the bar up into a comfortable position and it locks in. So Cool :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
What do Hamilton metal bands say on the inside? Are the marked Hamilton? Or are they marked by another manufacturer?

Could you supply a pic of the text on the inside of the bands? I wonder if I happen to have some in a collection of watches I bought, but I'm not sure if they'll say Hamilton or not on them.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks again. I just went and dug up 3-4 old threads and that's really helpful.

My problem is that I generally remove metal bracelets from Hamiltons when I acquire them, I worry they'll damage the lugs, or another neighboring watch, and most of all, it's hard to lay them flat.

So now I need to go back through my collection of metal bracelets, not recalling which model they were pulled off of, and see if any of them are originals. It sure would have helped if they said Hamilton like the leather straps did!

-Chris

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The vast majority will be non-OEM replacements, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd say with vintage 1960's models, maybe 1% have the original or OEM style on them and that percentage goes down at the watches get older.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts