WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a proud owner of a previously owned Combat B2 (#24 of 150). Its been a while since I've contributed to this forum and had a moment and thought I'd say a few words about the upgrade that's been done to my B2.

I purchased my B2 from off one of the watch forums, can't remember which, and have been very happy with it. However, the previous owner had gotten something on the sapphire which left a couple small marks. I knew I could get a replacement sapphire through Chris at Lum-Tec but was happy to live with it.

Over a year and half ago I began an email conversation with Chris about having it replaced and I mentioned the only issue I wished the watch had was a hackable movement. The Seiko NH25 does not hack and its the one thing I missed in the watch. As a professional pilot I like to be able to keep my time piece hacked for obvious reasons.

During this email conversation, Chris offered the idea that in the near future he would be using the newer Seiko NH35 movement which does hack and could go in to the B2. Remember now this is around July 2011 time frame.

A couple times over the course of the past year from the summer of 2011 I'd remember to email Chris and politely ask how goes it. But no NH35 yet, hopefully July 2012 was the date given.

Well I'd marked my calendar to email Chris again this past August to find out if the NH35 was available. Jackpot, he had an extra movement and would be happy to upgrade my B2 along with installing the Phantom Sapphire.

The upgrade only took a week from sending the watch in and getting it back. As you can imagine I've been very jazzed to have a "new" watch and am enjoying the hacking feature very much.

Thank you Lum-Tec and I'm sorry it took me so long to tell this story.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BrianS

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
No doubt Lum-Tec takes care of their customers! Thanks for sharing!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts