WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Did you check out my Youtube.com video review I made on it?

I still love mine after 8 months of ownership. As a matter of fact, I used to have 5 Orients and sold them all with the exception of this one. It's a keeper!

It is a beautiful watch and no one else does world timers like Orient!.

Also you'll be happy to know that the caliber 46K40 movement used in this watch is factory regulated to -15/+10 secs a day! The 46K40 is also used in the JDM version of the Orient Star World Timer so this movement is higher grade than usual for an Orient watch.

My daily average accuracy has been around +1-2 secs per day!

This is a fantastic piece and the best $300 spent on an Orient watch.

Enjoy.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Well, in order for me to get the Ananta Spring Drive I had to prune a few watches from my collection:scared:

Nothing wrong with any of my Orients and I still highly recommend them:001_smile:

At first it was a difficult decision as I loved each one of them. I miss the CFT skeleton from time to time but every time I slip the Ananta on my wrist and gaze at the ultra smooth gliding seconds hand, I know that letting go of some of these watches was well worth the effort. The "sacrifices" one have to make to get your grails:T:lol:

At least I got to keep the CFA World Timer:w00t:

Perhaps one day you'll find yourself in the same predicament.:biggrin:

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Absolutely! Its been a crazy ride for me as well. When you take into consideration the quality, finish, detail and technology/innovation that the Ananta Spring Drive brings to the table and you compare its asking price vs anything Swiss in its immediate price range, the Seiko still comes out ahead in every front:001_tt2:

As a WIS I can appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship of most Swiss watches. I just can't bring myself to pay their admission prices when Japan more than nicely covers all the bases for me.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Indeed I have seen your reviews and again thanks for all the great info. I also have the "planet orient" (great review on that one too) and love it. Your reviews are very complete and straight forward and I fully appreciate you taking the time to put them together. And +1-2 a day thats great :) cant wait! And you said the lume is pretty good on this one thats a plus! Got any close ups of the clasp? Thanks again Mini!
I'll get some closeups of the clasp for you my friend, no problem:thumbup:

The clasp assembly is all polished steel (reminds me of a Breitling) and it has the more expensive "Scissor" type of deployant clasp that doesn't cut into your wrist. The push button clasp itself has 4-5 micro-adjustment holes and has the Orient name and logo machined onto it.

You are going to drool over this watch. It is simply beautiful, unique and a terrific value for each penny paid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts