WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentleman, in an earlier post I was advised to take a look at Orient watches for a solid affordable option. I found a few that seem to have lower than expected prices and I was wondering if they are "knock offs" or if for some reason their quality is much lower than other Orient watches and if you could explain why?

Orient #BEM6Q002V Men's Purple Dial Tri Star Standard Self Winding Automatic Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Orient #BEM6Q006N Men's Tri Star Standard Self Winding Automatic Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Orient #BEM5V001D Men's Facet Glass Gold Tone Stainless Steel Automatic Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

·
Registered
515 Posts
Im sure one of the experts will come along and explain the difference in movements, because that will be the main reason of the low price. But other factors do play in as well, such as looks and size. The tristars at 37mm are rather small for todays "normal dive watch" standards.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Those seem to be older models. If you go to Orientwatchusa.com or the main Orient site, you will not see them. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing they are just blowing out the inventory.

Forum sponsor Discountwatchstore has more recent models available, plus, they are an approved Orient distributor, meaning you get the original factory warranty.

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
A lot of the watch assembly is fully automated which cuts down costs.
Orient is a true manufacture which means they do everything themselves. No steps are outsourced to other companies (except maybe making the mainsprings). This also does a lot to cut down costs.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing they are just blowing out the inventory.
That sounds like the most likely reason for the extra-deep discount.

Reactions: tragictaste

·
Super Moderator
5,346 Posts
I believe several factors may be coming together to make for the lower prices you have found. Someone mentioned older models no longer in production. Someone mentioned smaller size which is not as popular as it once was. One thing I notice in the pictures is the folded metal bracelet which really lowers the cost and will really break the deal for some people. The watch is also an older less popular style. I have two Orient watches and I really enjoy both of them. They are not as inexpensive as those you have found, but they can be had for under $200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.